Lost wedding band in Siesta Key florida

Nickmck85

I lost my wedding band on 4/10/10 in Siesta key Florida. Anyone in that area that has found one or know anybody that has could you let me know? It was out in front of beach #5 off of ocean blvd. I was tossing a football with friends, when i went to catch it, it jammed my finger and the ring popped off in knee deep water. I searched for awhile, and honestly dont remember if the tide was in or out. I went to the life guard towers and reported it lost, they told me to ask a metal detector guy for help. I found a guy that put in a hour or so with no luck. The band is white gold, with 2 princess cut diamonds vertical on the band. There is a inscription on it that i will PM if anyone has found it or knows somebody who has. Any help is appreciated. The ring means everything to me...

WOW that is crazy! It there anything inside the band that might link you to it? Any Proof, Pictures with it on you?? You could try to contact that person and let them know excatly where you lost it and how, I would say If they dont cooperate that you would contact the authorities. Good Luck with getting it back.

Yeah i have wedding photos of us holding hands with the ring on... There is a inscription in it that I told the guy as well... So far i have not recieved a reply back. Also have my wife emailing from her account to ask about the ring like she wants to buy it, just to get a real email address... Hopefully this person has a good heart

Yeah i have wedding photos of us holding hands with the ring on... There is a inscription in it that I told the guy as well... So far i have not recieved a reply back. Also have my wife emailing from her account to ask about the ring like she wants to buy it, just to get a real email address... Hopefully this person has a good heart

Okay sounds good, I was thinking that if he WAS that type of person to keep stuff he wouldn't respond to you, BUT since your wife is emailing to buy it you will most likely get an email back. Try to get a contact number as well and when you meet up confront him and show him proof and let him know the inscription inside . Hopefully he will be a good hearted person and give it back to its rightful owner. Good Luck!

Yeah unless it was the guy that looked for an hour (I didnt say that did I)

Yeah but even if, He should return it. What if the shoe was on the other foot. Its only doing what is right.

I'd contact the police. Most cities have laws dealing with when someone finds lost property. While I don't know Florida law, I know in California that you are supposed to turn any lost property into the police. The police then hold the item for three months (I think) and advertise they have it (in the newspaper). If no one claims it after three months then the finder can claim it.

While most people don't do this, if that is the law in your area you should use it to your advantage. I'd contact the cops before contacting the guy on Craigslist since if he is dishonest and knows the owner is looking for it, he and the ring may disappear.

I already contacted the police down in sarasota. Thing is, I live in cincinnati ohio. They told me that the picture would have to show an exact detail (like the inscription) Which it does not, then said to contact craigslist (which is useless). Also by the way the ring is listed, I wouldn't doubt that its already in the hands of a jeweler or pawn shop owner the way they described it. I nor my wife have had a response yet. Only thing I can do is hope.

I already contacted the police down in sarasota. Thing is, I live in cincinnati ohio. They told me that the picture would have to show an exact detail (like the inscription) Which it does not, then said to contact craigslist (which is useless). Also by the way the ring is listed, I wouldn't doubt that its already in the hands of a jeweler or pawn shop owner the way they described it. I nor my wife have had a response yet. Only thing I can do is hope.

Sorry to hear that. A friend of mine actually posted a pair of lost glasses in the lost and found section of Craigslist once trying to find the owner. The local police department emailed him and told him that he shouldn't do that since he's breaking the law if he doesn't turn it into them. I get the impression that they would have acted on a situation like yours. Guess the police in Sarasota aren't as interested in doing their job.

:D

I feel like i hit the lottery.... I got a response back from the seller on craigslist. She told me she is contacting her customer and would get the ring back to me... Turns out the original guy I had helping me with a metal detector found the ring. So he called my wife and is at the ups store shipping it back to me. Thank god there are still good people out there... What are the odds of that? Now only if I hit that lottery I played the saturday we left for home.... lol
Cant explain how happy I am that this turned out in my favor. Good hearted people are hard to come by now days, well strangers that is.

That's a great story with a happy ending congrats . Might not hurt to send the guy a small reward for all his effort .

Harold

hope you send the guy a decent reward..I myself have returned a few rings,some with rewards some not,a class ring that I never even got a thank you and I paid the postage too mail it back.

What I do not understand is that if the person who had the ring listed is the same person you had asked to help you, why was it listed on Craigslist for sale???? Shouldn't he have contacted you if/when he found it??? Am I missing something here??? Is it that Craigslist contacted him and he realized that the "jig" is up and decided to give it back, rather then get arrested or get a beating???

:D

I feel like i hit the lottery.... I got a response back from the seller on craigslist. She told me she is contacting her customer and would get the ring back to me... Turns out the original guy I had helping me with a metal detector found the ring. So he called my wife and is at the ups store shipping it back to me. Thank god there are still good people out there... What are the odds of that? Now only if I hit that lottery I played the saturday we left for home.... lol
Cant explain how happy I am that this turned out in my favor. Good hearted people are hard to come by now days, well strangers that is.
The seller had to contact her customer to get the ring back, yet the man that you had looking had found it? Makes no sense. Who had the ring? Were the people selling the ring and looking for the ring married or a couple? The guy you had trying to find it was at UPS to send the ring back, yet it was sold to a third party by someone who did not find it? I am VERY confused.

Back
Top Bottom