Opinion on lost class ring

My suggestion was going to be taking it to the school. Since it's class of 2010, this person should still be a student there this year. Just drop it off at the office and let them know it belongs to "Jim Bob Surfer". I'm sure they'd return it or call the student down to the office to retreive it.

Good idea - I think maybe some people are suspicious of a stranger calling up and offering to return a ring. They might be afraid that they'll have to pay a reward to get it back, or that's it's some kind of scam.

My suggestion was going to be taking it to the school. Since it's class of 2010, this person should still be a student there this year. Just drop it off at the office and let them know it belongs to "Jim Bob Surfer". I'm sure they'd return it or call the student down to the office to retreive it.

I found a 2010 class ring this month at the beach and called the school immediately. The receptionist said "Yes, I know who he is." and to send the ring to the school. It would be given to the guidance counselor and he would make sure the ring was given back to the student. Instead I joined facebook and found the student right off the bat. After a few emails, I had the ring on its way home to him. He was very thankful to get it back. :cool12:

i agree with "DFXRUS" ....if you're going to go to the trouble to return a ring... it'd be nice to know it was actually being returned... you drop a ring off at a school office... it gets dropped in a drawer and forgotton about.... a few years later it goes home with whoever the secretary is that week.... and you see the ring you found at a local pawn shop.... if you cant reach the original owner in a reasonable amount of time.... why should somone else cash in on your labor.... i'm all for... giving it back directly....:yes:

In July I found a high school class ring in the sand at Virginia Beach. I posted the find on the forum and started a search for the one who lost it. After many dead ends I finally located the owner. It was a young surfer from my area. I contacted him about the ring and he informed me of where and when he lost it. I sent him my e-mail and phone number, so he could get up with me and reclaim it. That has been several months ago and still have not heard anything more from him. Don't understand if he got it replaced by the loss insurance or just doesn't care about it. He graduates in 2010 and I would think it would mean more to him than that. Do you think I should just keep it and forget it??:?:

Ah, Young America. Give him a second notice then I'd say keep it until he contacts you for real.

If you do decide to ever have it melted down, how much you want for the stone? It looks like an unusual cut and gemstones for me is kind of a side hobby.
Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom