• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Let the detecting games begin

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
As I grow even older I find my mind drifting here and there. To combat this while I'm out digging I have developed a few games to keep me focused and on task. Let the games begin!

One of the first detecting games I invented was "Follow the Seagull." This entails stealth, muscle control and deception. The object of the game is to see how many coins you can dig following a particular seagull before he flies away. Think my record is three in this endeavor.

The second is entitled "On and Off. This game can only be played in a specific area. Namely a sports field. Rules are as follows; you start detecting on the playing field till you find a coin. Then you start detecting off the field and look for coins off the field till you find one and then head back to find one on the field. Two winners in this contest; most coins and second highest amount.

The third game I have named "The Garbage Gauntlet." In this exciting game you just detect from one piece of garbage in the area you are detecting to the next picking up debris (carry a bag for this game),bottles whiles dodging doggy dew. One point for each piece of garbage, 2 for a bottle or can. This game is time sensitive and consists of 2 thirty minute "rounds." The inspiration for this game was the Hunny Bunny who has to be picked up from work. Longer games have been recorded sparingly in the last decade!

Today I scored a quota with Quota Guru No#1 and his new dial thanks to Navy Davy my equipment manager. Good thing about todays contest was that the anti doping committee was not on site!

Take for todays game was quota @$8.23

Attachments

• IMG_2315[1].jpg
    IMG_2315[1].jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 370
:lol: Good post! I especially like "follow the seagull". Sounds like a challenge! Problems with time consumption, and location though. I like my swing time too much, and want to choose my own scan path as I go. One "game" I play, I will call "ping to swing". It is simply a challenge of how little time it takes from the first signal of a coin or object, retrieval, plug recovery, to full completion; marked by when you begin swinging again.

:laughing::laughing: love it! I like to play "Nickel Quest" every now and then, where a guy goes out and tries to get at least 20 nickels.....

I also like to play "Death to Dandelions" in season where you gotta knock the heads off the dandelions by flinging the coil like a sling blade!....

I like to play "Free Breakfast" where you gotta find and eat some food or drink thats laying around after a sporting event...I got half a pizza one day and a birthday cake once, free beers, all sorts of food...

I like "5 miles slow"..where I drive to and from my spots 5 miles under the posted speed limits and eyeball for ditch cans....

I like "Jarts" ..this is where I throw my screwdriver out in front of me and then have to find a coin within a 10' radius of where it sticks...

I like to play "Sunflower Seed Safari" where you gotta first find a spill of sunflower seed hulls on the sidelines of a soccer field, then find a coin...

I like to play "Towel Treasure" Where you gotta feel the quality of an abandoned towel in the dark with no light, and just by using a barefoot to test for the plushness...See how many I can haul off of the good ones and leave the scrappers...

Attachments

• apples.jpg
    apples.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 205
  • coors.jpg
    coors.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 198
  • july 5-15-1.jpg
    july 5-15-1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 189
  • oct 23-17-1.jpg
    oct 23-17-1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 211
  • nov 18-17-4.jpg
    nov 18-17-4.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 211
Nice take!
I play a few games, just one more coin and i will go or dig every single target that gives a signal for say 10 minutes, etc.

I count targets dug.. 5...10...15..vs good stuff target 3 penny target 8 dime target 17 bling !!!! jewelry target 34 merc.. and so on
Or today im gonna do 50 targets see how many were trash.
Kind of a trash treasure ratio.

Back
Top Bottom