Sterling thimble thread!

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Let's see em! I've only found one and it came late last season from a late 1800's park. I had the pleasure of seeing one of the nicest I've ever seen dug right in front of me at the same park by bottlecapking. Hoping he posts his. Please keep your posts and pics sterling thimble related only! Thank you and happy hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_0763.jpg
    IMG_0763.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,495
  • IMG_0765.jpg
    IMG_0765.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,510
Cool thread idea!

Congrats on everyone's, hopefully some day I'll get one..

<°)))>{

A thimble has eluded me so far, I remember that one Bottlecapking found, she was a beauty........ Wait, doesn't he only find rocks when he hunts with you? :laughing::laughing:

A thimble has eluded me so far, I remember that one Bottlecapking found, she was a beauty........ Wait, doesn't he only find rocks when he hunts with you? :laughing::laughing:

:laughing: last time we went out, he asked if he should bring popcorn so he can have something to eat while I'm digging all the good stuff :lol: how he manages to find rocks with a metal detector, beats the hell out of me lol he's a good sport and a great hunting partner, really hoping he posts that thing soon!

Keep em coming folks, thanks for all who have participated thus far!

The day I found my Sterling Thimble I also found a couple nice rings...I miss Kansas metal detecting! :yes::yes:

Last edited:
Pierced thimble

Found this thimble in the woods along an old, long-abandoned roadway on the island off the coast of Maine where I live. It is pierced through both sides, not drilled. You can see the entry-side of the piercing on one side and the exit-side flaring of the metal on the other side. Must have been worn on a string around someones neck back in the day.

Attachments

• ThimbleSterlingSilver.jpg
    ThimbleSterlingSilver.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,391
This is the one and only thimble I have ever found. Was about 6" or so down. I am thrilled it was not crushed in any way, shape or form. Finding this has caused me to want to find more thimble, just because they look nice.

attachment.php
attachment.php

That one is awesome!

I have quite a few silver thimbles but unfortunately they're all fairly plain and usually crushed.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 1,245
Back
Top Bottom