Dilema...

richbat

Elite Member
Maybe someone can give me some help here. Here's the situation. My folks just bought a brand new car and are giving me the old one,it's a Toyota Corolla,now here's the fun part,they live in Florida and me in Pa. Was considering having the car shipped here but not to sure about that and the cost seems pretty high to ship.The other option was just to fly down with my son and drive it back but,he just started back to school and hate for him to miss to much time this early in the year.I'm not married so can't really depend on a spouse to help out here and can't leave him home alone because he's only 12.So if anyone has any ideas on this subject please share.Thanks,Rich

It's only a day's drive depending on location in PA & FL. Or maybe a bunch if members here can shuttle it up for you. I would fly down on the red eye and then drive it up tomorrow. You will be back home by Tuesday.

agreed with the fly down and drive back idea, I know when we went to Orlando it was about a 16 hr drive, take a cab to the airport (that way ya don't gotta worry about somehow picking up the car at the airport).....entire trip could be done over the weekend

agreed with the fly down and drive back idea, I know when we went to Orlando it was about a 16 hr drive, take a cab to the airport (that way ya don't gotta worry about somehow picking up the car at the airport).....entire trip could be done over the weekend

That ^

Or have a friend drop you off..

If you can afford it, take your boy, and make it a weekend out of it and loot the beaches for a day...

<*)))>{

Could the folks drive it up, visit the grandson, fly back home? Have you consider putting the car on a train? Remember someone saying it wasn't too expensive, but it's been a decade or more. Seems like if they have room for it, and the train is going to roll, regardless of whether a car is loaded or not, it would be easy money for them.

I know you want it, Does it have to be NOW?! Can you wait on a school break? Even if it's only a days drive, it won't be fun. If you wait until you have a week, you can take your son, detect a bit there and on the way back, even do other things with your son.

get his school work for a day or two and take him with you , school is important but so is family time , have him do the homework sometime during the trip , enjoy , whatever the descision

Thanks folks,Think once i get everything cleared up with his school and get his assignments for a few days we'll be flying down,spend a little time with the folks and then drive it back up here.Figured that was the most logical thing to do and probably the least expensive.

Back
Top Bottom