EQ 800 Chatter in the Water

Treasure Quest

So, I'm at the beach here in the panhandle and having an issue that I thought I would ask you all about. Beach 2 in the water. Quiet for about 10 minutes, then here comes the chatter. What seems strange to me is with my old machines, if they were going to chatter, it was from the minute they touched the water. The Equinox is super quiet and then here comes the chatter. I pulled my coil cover both times and it had very little sand in it. Any ideas or adjustments? Thanks for the help.

You didnt give us your settings. Try disconnecting and reconnecting your coil. That will do it if it wasnt tight. Water slowly creeps into the M8 and you can get that feed back say waist deep. EMI will do it especially if its a windy day and the box isnt under water..... thou most EMI comes from the coil. Could be you need to adjust your GB up a bit because you are going from correlated fine sand to hard pan with a lot of minerals.

I have been learning to readjust my thinking on threshold settings. I was running Noxy hot in the water in the 21-22 range but it was very chatty. When I hit a target it would be a definitive sound though. Well in my last hunt I went to 17-18 and it was much smoother and targets still sounded off well. Now I'm thinking that may be the way to go as faint targets would have a better chance of "being noticed" rather than me possibly missing them in the chatty hotter setting. Let's see how it goes on future hunts.

At that point....with reduced sensitivity, less power from beach 2, Xcal in PP might be a better choice over all

I keep my sensitivity at 17... what's the point in going higher if the targets too deep to retrieve? Waves will still add some chatter, but its easy to distinguish chatter from targets. On calmer days at 17 I hear almost no chatter. Make sure your cables are wrapped around tight and ground balance before you go in.. also make sure auto tracking it on.

I run mine at 19 sensitivity.... AM... NO threshold.... reduce iron to 2 and in the water, IB 4. There are trade offs..... but i hate the surface mineral noise.... which BLEEDS over to the low digits. Had ML did iron wrap around to the high digs we'd likely have a quiet machines.

Rule out some things.
Cell phone on you?
Near a resort or hotel with Wi-Fi?
Could be a patch of black sand.
Next time sweep north to south and compare chart when you sweep East to west.
Some undersea cables leave our beaches, if you move 100 feet does it stop or change?

At one time or another all these happens to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom