A quick local hunt gets the goodies!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
I had some stuff to do this Saturday morning thru early afternoon, but with nice sunny weather (but still pretty cold) I headed out here in Hamilton to try to snag a permission. I got the OK at a nice 1910's home with a large front yard. The owners were super nice, and I gave them some wheat pennies dating back to 1918 that I found there. My best keepers were a cool "925" marked Sterling Silver Ring, and a 1910 Barber Quarter.

The quarter was an interesting target, as the lawn had buried brass sprinkler heads that rang up 89-91 on the AT Pro, but after checking a couple of these out I knew what they were. The Barber rang up at about 89 but wasn't in line with the sprinkler heads, and the audio was that nice sweet sustained high tone! I was sure happy to see Old Shiny in the dirt!

I did get another OK to detect at a nearby yard, and got a solid "52" on the AT Pro. Thinking it was a nickel, I was surprised and delighted to see a 10K Gold Ring! It is actually a pair of 10K marked rings soldered together, with "LOVE STORY" also marked inside the rims. Pulled some wheat pennies and clad from both yards, and had a good time detecting! Thanks for your interest!

Attachments

• k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 310
  • k1.jpg
    k1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 277
Very nice finds!!! I’ve been wanting to door knock but we haven’t had rain in almost two months and don’t wanna ruin someone’s yard lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice finds!!! I’ve been wanting to door knock but we haven’t had rain in almost two months and don’t wanna ruin someone’s yard lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks CW! During the summer and early fall I just bring a few jugs of water with me, after I take the dirt off my towel to put back into the hole, but before I hinge the grass back into place, I pour some water into the hole - keeps the roots nice and moist and the lawn nice and green for the homeowner!

Once again you are finding some AWESOME ground in your area!! Clearly you don't have enough detectorists around you....what was your address again?:laughing:

Once again you are finding some AWESOME ground in your area!! Clearly you don't have enough detectorists around you....what was your address again?:laughing:

Thanks Buellride! Come on over anytime, would be delighted to do some detecting with you!

Congrats on the finds! I love that Barber quarter! :detector:

Thanks Wolf-Dog, was hopeful when I got that good signal and glad it was silver!

A handful of good finds for sure...congrats!

Thanks JAK! Yep, not a heck of a lot of stuff but some good finds for sure! I rarely get any gold as there are times when I don't chase the mid tones, but glad I went after that "nickel" and got the gold ring!

Back
Top Bottom