• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Milestone, Very Small Sterling Along With A "V"

jack&jill

Elite Member
It's been about three weeks since my last thread. Thought maybe it was time to catch up. First on yesterdays hunt I got only one Silver but it was a big one for me. It was Silver Coin #1500 of my career in this hobby.The coin was a 1954 GW. It was a pleasure to have shared the outing with IDX Monster (Kevin) and Prussian Bleu (Anthony). I also dug a very nice looking "V" on the hunt and 2 Sterling Rings. The first one was small but the second was even smaller. Both are stamped 925. To get a idea on how small the bigger one is a size 2.5 and the other fits completely inside of it. The other hunt go back to a outing last month with IDX. I dug 6 Silver's (5 Merc's and a GW) in that one and he dug 7. Also included was my trip to North Dakota. My hunts there netted a Merc and a Rosie from a couple permissions. The last three were from the same site that IDX and I hunted. I made a return back there after the trip. The 12 Silver in this report has the FTY total at 171. Trapper[/B]View attachment 451601

Attachments

• 10-13-19 1 .jpg
    10-13-19 1 .jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 469
  • 10-13-19  3 .JPG
    10-13-19 3 .JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 474
Very nice Trapper! Great silver total for the year, love all that shiny stuff! The 1908 "V" nickel looks good too. Nice when you get a 1964 quarter or dime, last year for silvers.

Congrats on the milestone 1500,,thats a lot of do re me...You sure are dedicated to the hobbie.Always on the lookout for your threads,love seeing the silver..Best of luck

Congrats on those great finds. you are da man. I on the other hand am still waiting for rain. LOL.

I can’t see the pics but congrats on all of the silver!
Thank you Vic for your reply. the picture thing fixed if you want to revisit. Had some problems with the computer upon returning from our trip. Trapper
Very nice Trapper! Great silver total for the year, love all that shiny stuff! The 1908 "V" nickel looks good too. Nice when you get a 1964 quarter or dime, last year for silvers.
Appreciate the response David, thank you. The "V" is in the best condition of those I have dug. How do you like those Sterling Rings, tiny. Trapper

Careful. Concentrating all of that silver into one spot could have some unintended impact on the Earth's orbit.

You’ve had one hell of a run Trap, here’s the video of 1500...congrats again my friend!https://youtu.be/2VAd00_M7bM

Loved the video. I have to say... you are the coolest group of guys. Congrats on the 1500. Just remarkable. Really nice year with 171. Seems somewhat over shadowed by last year's huge number, but still VERY good. You are an inspiration. I'm going to keep at it. Like you said, there is still silver coins even in Montana.... and Utah.

Unbelievable the dedication the work and the time you truly are the silver master Trapper . I only can hope and dream that some day i might be able to even come close to 1500 silver dug coins . Truly Amazing. One way or another we are going to make it happen for next year !

Loved the video. I have to say... you are the coolest group of guys. Congrats on the 1500. Just remarkable. Really nice year with 171. Seems somewhat over shadowed by last year's huge number, but still VERY good. You are an inspiration. I'm going to keep at it. Like you said, there is still silver coins even in Montana.... and Utah.

I just have certain “school book images” in my mind of rugged canyons, tumbleweeds and rattlesnakes....not really a silver coin-filled image. But the history of those states is the Wild West, and somewhere in there are pioneers, settlers, and silver! It IS very surprising to see the numbers of silver coins found west of the Mississippi. WAY more than I thought there’d be...which is good for you guys!:yes:

Congrats on the milestone 1500,,thats a lot of do re me...You sure are dedicated to the hobbie.Always on the lookout for your threads,love seeing the silver..Best of luck
Thank you Pete for your kind reply. I owe a lot of my success to the members of this forum. A lot of advice,tips and pointers have helped over the years. It is kinda funny as I remember my fist and only Silver in the first year. It was a War Nickel and I did not know I had it until I was found it after I tumbled it. Still do not know the site it was dug from. Trapper
And yes, forgot the CONGRATS! on 1500 shiny silvers, that is a great achievement!
Appreciate your return trip back into the thread David. 1500 was a lot of time and a little effort and some tremendous memories. Trapper
Congrats on those great finds. you are da man. I on the other hand am still waiting for rain. LOL.
Thank you Carl. Wish some of the resent rains here were out your way. We have had a over abundance of late, it is causing some flooding and will have some adverse affects on water trapper if it continues. Trapper

Trapper, Congrats on number 1500 !! Very impressive my friend....As always enjoy the posts and knowledge you pass along....Continued success to you...HH !

Back
Top Bottom