100 Silver Coins FTY. 200 Silver Coins Lifetime. A Pictorial.

Way to go Stiffy, beautiful pile of shiny. Congrats on both milestones. 100fty and 200 toa. I have been at this a little over 4yrs. and hope to hit 200 toa. soon. 100 fty is quite an achievement these days, again congrats. HH Mark

Oh WOW!:shock: Look at all that! Love the arrangement! Well done on the arrangement, the perfect storage box, and of course, the 100 and 200 counts!!
Nice count on the half dollars!

I made it! 100 Silver coins for the year. I dug a silver Rosie this afternoon to get me to 100. I had finished last year with 100 lifetime silver coins that took me 17 months. The next 100 came in 10 months. 200 silver coins in 27 months. Please enjoy my dug silvers in their glory! The only coin not in the picture is a Walker Half that I had made into a ring. I'm so glad I picked up this hobby and stumbled across this awesome forum. I enjoy the exercise, excitement of the hunt, and the friendships I have made here. I hope there are many more fun hunts ahead for all of us.

I bought a cigar box to keep my precious metals finds. It's a big box. I hope to fill it over the years. 200 silver coins is a very modest amount to some of the forum members. That's what is so great about this forum. Experienced hunters willing to give us new guys advice and encouragement.

Heres the breakdown:

1 Mexican Reale
1 Australian 3 Pence
1 Seated Half Dime
1 Seated Liberty Dime
1 Standing Liberty Quarter
2 Walker Halves
2 Barber Halves
3 Franklin Halves
4 Barber Quarters
14 Barber Dimes
15 War Nickels
20 Silver GWs
67 Merc Dimes
68 Silver Rosie's

Thanks for looking!

Just phenomenal results of your hunts. In UTAH, nonetheless! You must really have some hot places you dig.

Are you in the SLC valley? I'd love to come down and hunt with you sometime...

We could silver hunt for part of the day, and ring hunt for the other! :)

Skippy

Congrats on reaching the century mark Tyler. No easy achievement. Sorry for not replying sooner as I am just getting at catching up from being on vacation. Trapper

Just phenomenal results of your hunts. In UTAH, nonetheless! You must really have some hot places you dig.

Are you in the SLC valley? I'd love to come down and hunt with you sometime...

We could silver hunt for part of the day, and ring hunt for the other! :)

Skippy

I live North of Salt Lake, but my office is there. Let me know if you are EVER in the area. It would be a pleasure to hunt with you!

Thanks Sandgroper. Did you notice the Australian inclusion? Are those silver 3 Pence coins a common dig down there?

Yes I did notice it, and I actually spent quite some time looking for it in the picture :lol: Is it the coin bottom left of the one in the 2x2? They are relatively common because they were the lowest denomination silver coin. There were two designs, the commonwealth one until the late 1930s (can’t remember the year they changed), and the second one with wheat stalks (which we sometimes call wheaties). There were also two different silver percentages, the .925s were stopped in 1944 and replaced by 50% silvers. Which year is yours?

Last edited:
Yes I did notice it, and I actually spent quite some time looking for it in the picture :lol: Is it the coin bottom left of the one in the 2x2? They are relatively common because they were the lowest denomination silver coin. There were two designs, the commonwealth one until the late 1930s (can’t remember the year they changed), and the second one with wheat stalks (which we sometimes call wheaties). There were also two different silver percentages, the .925s were stopped in 1944 and replaced by 50% silvers. Which year is yours?

Heres the thread that mentioned the find.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=276276

Thanks for the information. Cool. Australian Wheatie. It's a 1943 and has the wheat ears on the back. It's holed and bent concave.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191014-062821_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191014-062821_Gallery.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 192
Heres the thread that mentioned the find.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=276276

Thanks for the information. Cool. Australian Wheatie. It's a 1943 and has the wheat ears on the back. It's holed and bent concave.

Yeah nice. Looking at your original thread, that threepence has a "D" mintmark indicating it was made in Denver. That coin has a story to tell. From Denver to Australia and then lost not too far from where it was made.

Congrats on reaching the century mark Tyler. No easy achievement. Sorry for not replying sooner as I am just getting at catching up from being on vacation. Trapper

Thanks! Looks like you will probably hit a double century mark this year. Now THATS a great accomplishment. Thanks for the kind words!

Back
Top Bottom