• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Rattlesnake, double 44's, and an oldies spill

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
Several hunts over the last week and a half resulted in some nice finds!

IMG_1012.jpg

I found the pocket watch at the ghost town last week near where a cellar hole was. No guts, and so far I cant see any numbers on it. Later that day we went to a new permission where I scored the 1953D rosie just a few inches down. I also hit the fairgrounds one evening and found the first 1944 quarter just a couple of inches down

20191008_142419.jpg

On Tuesday, I did a solo trip to the biggest park in town. The goodies are deep here since it is a flood plain, and gets regular mowing maintenance. The EMI isnt bad at all, so I crank up the sensitivity to 25, and reduce the recovery to 3 for maximum depth on the 800. The great surprise was the old time spill where I started pulling up wheat, after wheat, and then saw something big and shiny at the bottom which was the 2nd 1944 quarter. Im thinking everything was between 7 and 9 inches deep, and the oldest wheat is a 1934. My first old time coin spill! After I dug that, I found the rattlesnake near where concerts are preformed on the surface. Its got some weight to it, but I doubt its silver.

20191012_153000.jpg

Today I hit the park again, and got a deep varying signal near the pool area. I dug through roots and stuff, and finally found the 1916D wheat penny about 10" deep. My hand is still sore from that one. As I was heading back to me truck, I picked up a nice high tone, and scored the 1917S merc about 6 to 7" down. From the look of what shape its in, Id say it was dropped in the 1920s or 30s.

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

Thanks for looking, and HH!

Oh !! I like that snake !! When I read the title, I thought you found a real one. This is better. !!

Back
Top Bottom