• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

About ready to sell my detector and start bird watching

Well rest up and get better. I have been feeling like !!!! for the past 5 days, took a home covid test and tested negative. If its bad symptoms go to the doctor.

Steve

Steve,
I did test positive for Covid, if you believe those home tests....really hurting now...
damn it.

Get well and take you're time doing it... LOTS of fluids and you'll feel better soon but be warned, it tends to come back again if you try to get back to normal to fast. Ive had it 3x now..... Are you vaccinated?

Yes, I've had two modurna shots and one booster....and BTW try seeing a doctor...HA They won't even let you come into the office with covid....He just called in a prescription for some stuff but I don't think it is helping

Yes, I've had two modurna shots and one booster....and BTW try seeing a doctor...HA They won't even let you come into the office with covid....He just called in a prescription for some stuff but I don't think it is helping
I hope you make a full recovery.

Last edited:
Hit your parks and the volleyball courts and totlots. Kinda like the beach( not really) but these can be productive especially if you find some that have not been hit much over the summer. Use google earth to locate the parks, and see if they have totlots and volleyball courts. even around basketball courts can be productive in terms of rings.

Like the beach, dig everything to find rings.

I don't get to the beaches very much cause I live in Harrisburg, Pa. It's 3 hrs. to Rehoboth area..Anyway was down over the weekend and tried my best at Rehoboth and Lewis beaches....I found 2 clad quarters.... I know my Nox 600 is working cause I buried a dime and a quarter about 8 inches each and Nox picked them up...I just can't do well at the beach....End of rant.

Everyone hits beaches but not everyone hits swimming holes, inland lakes, or raft-off locations on the river. You are overlooking a ton a spots. Just google search "swimming hole" in your area brought up all of these places (pic below)

I moved near the beach and hunt frequently, but you don't see many posts from me. That's mostly because gold doesn't jump in your scoop like the YouTube videos make it out to be. Ocean beaches get a TON of detectorists hitting them day and night, high and low tide, as well as calm and stormy conditions.

Another way to get leads is to join groups like www.TheRingFinders.com. Folks will contact you to help them find their lost item. As a side benefit, you may discover places to hunt that you never thought of before.

Attachments

• Swimming hole.jpg
    Swimming hole.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 198
I take up bikini watching when the detecting ain't so good at the beach.

I remember the first time a saw a young woman with a nice figure in a thong from behind! I thought she was naked. My wife explained to me what a thong was and that only young women with a nice figure are allowed to wear them.

2008 to 2012 A friend and me did the drives to OC MD..2 hours 20 minutes, several times a year. I averaged about 25 gold a year. I found the best hunting to be, July 15 to Sept 15th or only if there was a event. Like a coastal storm, or something that was not normal. All of the other trips down, I was lucky to find much at all.

So off season hunting those areas one really does need to live near the beach, be retired, and able to go on a whim....... to put yourself in the right spot for gold.

And it could be........Earl (SurfMaster) keeps those places cleaned out. :yes:

That is why 90% of the hunters you see on the beaches of Florida don't find much of anything unless they get lucky in the dry sand towel line. They are on vacation and just don't have the advantages that the local hunter have.

I've got some high-end water machines and i moved 300 miles from the beach. How do you think I feel?

Just need to read old maps, Sputnik maps of different seasons and historical literature. Not all of the treasures far from your home.
Change nox to light machine like orx/deus/deusII and have fun any place any distance
Hunted with Tesoro/ at pro/ nokta/etrac , but happiness with XP
Compact
Light
Productive

I don't get to the beaches very much cause I live in Harrisburg, Pa. It's 3 hrs. to Rehoboth area..Anyway was down over the weekend and tried my best at Rehoboth and Lewis beaches....I found 2 clad quarters.... I know my Nox 600 is working cause I buried a dime and a quarter about 8 inches each and Nox picked them up...I just can't do well at the beach....End of rant.

Pete i can tell u there are swimming areas in your city that are very old
LOL - wanted to go there too!!
research the area !! they have a book on it even -
good luck let us know when u find those areas -

Cfm-ct Reply back , till death do you part ----

( Yeah of ferrous targets... ) :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: I go for the fishing equipment , save the gold for you guy's that can't retire , because of there wives that crack the whip , OBN & I are retired , no string's attached :shock::jawdrop::hornetsnest::realitycheck: PS Subject to change Joe's getting ready to put one of his high end diamond ring's on his Italian GF , stay tuned :shock::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::jawdrop::impatient::razz::drums::hide: Next week he takes her down to the Safe Deposit box & he tell's- her to take your pick honey :yes::D:shock: PS Can't blame him , out of the two Italian GFs in my life time I had , they both put a smile on my face in the bedroom & Locked up like two french poodles :yes:

Attachments

• P1010463.jpg
    P1010463.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 123
  • P1010462.jpg
    P1010462.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Did he call in Paxlovid? I took it... it was awful... 3 pills in morning, 3 pills in evening for 5 days... If he gives it to you I hope you don't have the side effect I had... which was a metallic taste it was like sucking on a mouthful of dirty pennies 24/7... every time my next dose was due I got sick to my stomach thinking about it :roll:

it did work though...I was fully vaccinated... but when at home with the wife we don't wear masks she kindly brought it home from the mall :lol: I tested her she was positive, I was postive 2 days later...

Most of the days at my local beach are just exercises in trash collecting. Just did a 30 day flu like cold but Covid free. Can’t wait to feel like getting back out on the beach. Best to all!

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't answer many of you, I was just off the forum for awhile...Doc gave me some steroid pack, and an anti biotic ...don't know if it had anything to do with me getting over it but it took about 11 days and I finally tested Negative....It wasn't real bad, but it wasn't real mild either.....All better now tho...ready to do some archery hunting for my big buck....Got an 11 point on one of my trail cameras that I'm going to go after....

Sorry I didn't answer many of you, I was just off the forum for awhile...Doc gave me some steroid pack, and an anti biotic ...don't know if it had anything to do with me getting over it but it took about 11 days and I finally tested Negative....It wasn't real bad, but it wasn't real mild either.....All better now tho...ready to do some archery hunting for my big buck....Got an 11 point on one of my trail cameras that I'm going to go after....

Good luck Pete. I'm heading up to my camp today for 5 days.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom