Bill1

Hi all. I am from Brewerton NY.
I retired 5 years ago. Just bought an AT Max, been out quite a bit but the finds have not been great. All clad coins and some copper wheat pennies. Really wish I started this hobby a lot sooner. All ready looking to move up to a better machine. Any and all advice accepted.
Thanks,
Bill,

welcome from Atlanta!

I would advise putting more efforts in new permissions of good old homes or research to find old home sites or old curb sites.

AT Max is a quite capable machine. If you move up to an Nox 800 or more complicated machine, your fun times at detecting is going to get more complex and frustrating. I am speaking from experience of going from 3 years on AT Pro to the Nox 800. Long learning curve and many frustrating hunts until I really learned a lot more about metal detecting in general and the Nox 800 in particular.

But if you are hot to trot for a new machine, and go with the 800 then stay in the standard modes, learn how to ground balance, noise cancel, set proper recovery speed and iron balance and you will be less frustrated.

HH

Greetings from "Parts Unknown" NY !

Go find old logging roads and camps! You can walk the stone walls that are overgrown in the middle of nowhere!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

As far as advice on your new detector, this might help some also -

AT MAX Instructional Video Part 1 of 3 (US Version)

:mder: ______ :mder: ______ :mder: ______ :mder:

Back
Top Bottom