• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Back to the park... Day 10... LAST POST for the park

Artur C.

Hey all,
Thanks for putting up with my finds abuse for the last 10 days. Today Stevo came out with the gem of a find which I'm sure he will post a bit later. My day wasn't too bad either though. 3 Silvers one of them being a 1908-O Barber a semi key date in really really nice shape. My silver total after 10 days is 32. 34 if you include the war nickels. Today was HOT HOT HOT and I frankly wasn't feeling like swinging today. I did come back for another hour or so in the evening but came out with NADA. My feeling is that while there are still silver coins in the park, myself and Stevo have effectively cleaned out the place of all the reasonable finds. If one is willing to physically dig out the trash there is probably more silver being masked but the ground is getting dry and there are a million plugs in the place. Like I said before, while the park is fairly large, after many hours of sampling there are only certain sections with worthwhile finds, so I can really no longer call this place the honeyhole. Here are pics of my keepers for today:

Attachments

• IMG_0260.jpg
    IMG_0260.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 263
"No longer call it a honey hole..."

:lol: Right....where is the address and I'll tell you if it is! Like you said, only digging reasonable targets is what sets apart newer detectorists from the experienced guys! (Not saying you aren't experienced! ;))

Impressive haul, I'd be very pleased with a silver total like that! HH
NC

I was hoping for a Barber, but found this beauty instead.:D:cool: Except for the ding on her rim, she is in pretty good shape. Its my best and oldest find yet. It was a hot day of dimes. Sounds like thunderstorms tomorrow, so a rest is in order, then hit the nice wet soil.

"No longer call it a honey hole..."

:lol: Right....where is the address and I'll tell you if it is! Like you said, only digging reasonable targets is what sets apart newer detectorists from the experienced guys! (Not saying you aren't experienced! ;))

Impressive haul, I'd be very pleased with a silver total like that! HH
NC

This is one of those instances where you'd need to swing there to see what I'm talking about. But if you're in MN I'll take you there :)

Back
Top Bottom