KT takes a trip to Silver Land!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
With a friend, KT made a run in the Royal Chariot to Jackson, MS, to the local Rock and Mineral Club's Annual Gem, Mineral, Fossil, and Jewelry Show.

As KT peruses the various sellers wares, He keeps His Royal Eyes open for potential coins for sale. In the past several years, KT has always managed to buy a few coins. So this year KT came with ample cash to work a deal. KT worked systematically through the 24 booths....and Lo! At booth 6 KT spied 2 rolls of halves and a few silver dollars...two Morgans and two Peace dollars. There were many people crowding around as it was early in the opening day of the show. After a couple of minutes, the dealer asked if he could help me (poor soul did not know it was KT he was talking to, but KT also acted as a peon). KT asked if those were complete rolls of 90 % halves and he said, yes, one roll of Walkers and one of Franklins. KT asked what the price per roll was if He paid cash. The dealers eyes widened and quoted a price, which was 50 cents a coin cheaper than KT had been buying them for last summer! So KT also asked about the price of the silver dollars and his price was a bit less than KT had paid off ebay when He made a good buy last year, so KT said I will take the 2 rolls of halves and his choice of 2 of the 4 halves. His Majesty always likes to let the dealer think he has control of the deal. The man was acting very happy and after he was paid in cash, he said, somewhere in my stuff here I have some additional rolls of halves if you might want more. KT told him, Alas, you have all my cash, but if you take a Visa, I will look around the rest of the show and come back to you. KT left him digging through boxes to find the rest of his coin hoard!

About 45 minutes later, KT returned, and this time he said, Please come around and sit down! I have some additional rolls laid out for you to examine. Imagine my surprise when there were 5 rolls of Walkers and another roll of Bens there. He said, sit here and just go through these rolls and pick out what you want. KT told him, Let us set a price first, knowing you will have the cost of the Visa charge to pay....so KT suggested an additional 25 cent per coin and he was happy with that.

KT first went through all the Walkers and found 6 in the 1930s, the rest being mostly in the War Years. Then KT found a roll marked AU...! As His Majesty thumbed through the roll, they certainly were in superior condition...so KT grabbed that roll, then proceeded to pick at random from the War Years to get the second roll. Finally KT went back through a couple of the Walker rolls and picked the cleanest, but not cleaned, remaining 14 coins.

So KT had a jolly day and managed to gather an additional 80 90% silver coins, plus the 2 Peace dollars for the Royal Treasure Chest!

Of course, there are pictures! Just look below! :laughing::laughing:

So this week, with the CRH finds and these purchases have added considerably to this years totals. No worry, at the end of the year, the purchases will be separately recorded from the CRH Royal recoveries!

Attachments

• Not CRH 2 1923 Peace dollars.jpg
    Not CRH 2 1923 Peace dollars.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 333
  • Not CRH 3 rolls Walkers  1 roll Bens.jpg
    Not CRH 3 rolls Walkers 1 roll Bens.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 294
Back
Top Bottom