V3I finds more than just treasure

kireta

Forum Supporter
About a week ago my V3I arrived and I found a 1874 seated half my first day out witch I posted many times on the forum with my excitement.Alot of trouble posting pics,but I am having them put in cd format so I will be able to post them tonight but thats not what this thread is about.I called Campfire USA so I could tell them what I have been finding on the property and I am donating the majority of the coins(Not my First Seated Half) and they are framing them for the campers to enjoy and get a feeling for the history in the area.So I got to thinking, and asked the Executive Director of Campfire USA if she would be interested in having a metal detecting program for the kids that camp during the spring and summer and she was thrilled with the idea of having the program as it would get the kids involved in history and a great new outdoor hobby.Im not nearly as experienced as alot of the members on the forum,but I cant wait to share this hobby and the obvious history of the area with these kids.I am so glad I offered to donate some of the coins,as it has opened up a bunch of interesting oppurtunities to share this great hobby!!!:yes:

Yeah I know, I took some great pics with a sony cam from work and then couldnt upload them on my laptop so Im having them put on cd format so i can post pics.I cant wait!!!:yes:

I forgot to say I took my coins up to our town barber today who has been a barber for fifty years and he was looking at my two cent coin and he started rubbing a pencil eraser on it and I almost fell over!!! Thank god it wasnt worth alot of money, but he didnt know.Two cent is dated 1866.:lol:

Thanks for taking the time and opportunity to be a great steward for the MD community! We will all benefit from your generosity.

.......and, tell your barber to keep his hands off!

My finds!!!!!!

Heres the pics I hope they load!!!

Attachments

• DSC00168.jpg
    DSC00168.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC00170.jpg
    DSC00170.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC00177.jpg
    DSC00177.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 199