Finds at old farmhouse

BOP222

Nothing special..clad coins (1 nickel was a 1944), what looks like a set of wheels off an old metal toy, a larger wheel at first I thought was off a rollerskate but I'm guessing maybe off some moving part of machineary??? Then a buckle of some sort? And a kid's ring with missing stone...

Was nice just to get out..

Attachments

• 100_0999.JPG
    100_0999.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 342
Like they always say.......a bad day of detecting is always better than a good day at work. At least you got out, I have been stuck at work all weekend.

That "buckle" appears to be a link from a chain drive machine such as a hay conveyor or early bailer, thrasher etc.

Shoot just lost my message, hate when that happens!
Did a farmhouse myself, late 1800's nothing above ground. Found lots of house bits but finally got coins on Friday. 4 wheat pennies, all between 1939-44 era. Hope that there are earlier coins still around. Also hit a neat beach that has an old pier barely visible at low tide. Just the pilings showing, found a quarter, dime and penny. Nothing notable, found a metal fish shape "thing". The beach was the treasure of the day though, it was unpopulated, natural and absolutely awesome! Sorry some of you had to work! HH

SteveMN said:
Like they always say.......a bad day of detecting is always better than a good day at work. At least you got out, I have been stuck at work all weekend.

Amen, brother. Amen!

Back
Top Bottom