Aother field of mine and a find

simonthesearcher

Forum Supporter
This is another field i am hunting,its the same field i found that Celtic coin in.The coin in the hole is another 1700,s copper i found this afternoon

Attachments

• DSC00008.JPG
    DSC00008.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC00009.JPG
    DSC00009.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 158
Great job again on the copper! It amazes me how a field can produce such nice finds. I suppose the area looked a lot different 300 years ago. Any ideas about what was there? Villages, city, etc?

Great job Simon...Those coppers look awesome at the bottom of the hole!! :yes:

Keep it up! Hank :grin:

Steve,where the trees are theres a river running there,theres another two fields the same as this one behind the trees which i also have permission to go on.Along the river is a walk way which has been used since the roman times and is still used today.Its called a public walkway and anyone can use it,the farmer cant stop you.Its also used by horse riders.The romans would use the river to navigate themselves to wherever they were going.it would have looked a lot differant 2000 years ago,also the river would have been a lot bigger.The land gets ploughed up once every two or three years.Salisbury,which is a medievel city is only about 2 miles from there so the people from those times would have been moving about here aswell.I have found hammered coins here,roman coins and the celtic coin so its things from all differant era,s of history.i think i am quite lucky to have got the permission to go into there.i am going there early tomorrow morning(6am),my girlfriend thinks im from another planet but then she just cant understand the buzz i get from being alone at that time of the day when its so quiet and peacefull.I can almost see the romans walking about there (maybe i should tell em to drop more coins).Anyway if i told her this she would think im smoking something im not supposed to be smoking i reckon.But thats how it is for me and when that signal locks on,man what a sound that is.If you want to see something quite magnificent then type in www.salisburycathederal.co.uk .Thats the cathederal here.It was built just over 900 years ago and has the tallest spire in Britain,its breathtaking to stand next to it

Hey Simon, thanks for the information about where you are finding these great finds. I wish the States had more history especially in the area I live in. I think Minnesota became a state in like 1858 which is a drop in the bucket compared to the UK. Someday I will have to make it over to Europe and do a little dectecting while I'm there. By the way, are you originally from the UK or the States? The reason I ask is because of some of the phrases and verbage in your posts. Good Luck and keep us posted. Steve

Back
Top Bottom