Went in search of gold this weekend

Rudy

Admin
Went to my usual gold bearing grounds this past weekend hoping to find some gold.

Alas, the gold was not there to be found. :(
One of my last finds almost gave me a heart attack. Got a nice tone and started to dig.
Canted on edge in the hole, I saw a thick, large diameter golden coin and my hands started sweating. I pulled this baby out carefully and it was a $1000 coin ..... unfortunately it was
a Mexican coin. :?:

Don't think it is worth much in US dollars.

I didn't find gold this time, but I did find some silver. Here is a pretty silver ring with
butterflies all around. And here is a nice silver crucifix, a lion charm and a "Brat" charm. At first I thought the
Brat was not silver, but it is stamped "925 Peru".

Thanks for watching.

Attachments

• 1000Pesos.jpg
    1000Pesos.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 67
  • ButterflyRing.jpg
    ButterflyRing.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 74
  • CrucifixPlus.jpg
    CrucifixPlus.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Sorry no winner Rudy...

1989 1000 peso coin

aluminum/bronze coin VF: 85 cents, XF $1.25 Unc: $3.45

Better luck next time :lol:

Your other stuff looks great though ;)

Heh, i'll have to post a pic of it, but on my last beach hunt, had a hit on a nice coin 6 inches down. Dug it real careful and it turned out to be a tin quarter that said "PLAY" right accross the front, and School Money" accross the back and side. Oh well, better luck next time. Nice finds though, better than the play money...;)

Bri-

Silver is good when the gold doesn't come out to play. A like that 1000 Peso coin, what's that, like .10 cents, lol!

Thanks for your comments guys.

Craig. Yes, I can't retire on it. :lol: It's worth about $1 american, except the Mexican government won't take them back anymore.

Still, on edge and with that color and size, it could have been a double eagle. :roll:
Now, THAT would have been the find of a lifetime.

The silver finds are keepers for sure, but it's been a month since my last gold and the lust in increasing. :lol: Need to get a fix real soon.

I enjoyed seeing every one of your finds. The Mexican coin is very nice. Congrats on your silver, also.

Scrltt641

Back
Top Bottom