My Three Cents Worth (Large)

mxtswinger

Elite Member
They say things happen in threes but I hope it's not true. I hope to find more. Went to a vacant lot yesterday morning with an old housesite that I'd been to many times last fall/winter. Took the 1400 coil to get max depth around the foundation. There is one corner of the lot that I hadn't worked as thoroughly as I should because of weeds. The city had mowed the lot a couple weeks ago so I thought I'd hit that corner again. Bingo! 1848. I was so excited after that that I couldn't keep track of my coverage, so I went back this afternoon with the 4x6 (I was hurtin after 3 hours of the 1400). Found 1829 about five feet away from #1. Started to leave and hit 1836 maybe 15 feet from #1. I'm not done yet.

SOMEBODY PINCH ME!

Attachments

• DSCN2500.jpg
    DSCN2500.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCN2491.JPG
    DSCN2491.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCN2497.JPG
    DSCN2497.JPG
    187.5 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCN2493.JPG
    DSCN2493.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 174
Wow! Nice! If I ever come up with anything before 1900 I'll probably cr_p in my pants! Good luck on getting more!

great coins mxt , very nice pictures too. i'll bet ya theres silver as well . i can all most hear it calling to you :yes: :yes: :yes:

Yup, he did the dance. :lol: Nice coins you found. I have yet to find a large cent. You just gave me hope. Well done.

You betcha. The jitterbug.

Hope you're right Del. I've got the right size coins, if I can just find the ones of silver or (choke) gold. They're (large cents)VDI's are around 90, so it makes the heart skip while you're digging. Could be a cent or half either one

I've only found 1 large cent and it holds the record for my oldest coin within the city limits. It was a 1855(upright 55's) and in great shape. Thats 16 years older than Dodge City.

I'm sure they're there Detector, just a matter of sniffin them out. I was real close to giving up on this spot. My oldest previous coin was an 1898 IH, and the only silver was a single Merc. These were near the footprint of the house though, which I believe was bulldozed and the probable basement filled in. I must have found virgin soil in that front corner as the LC's were all at the same depth (5"). Also, I believe I've discovered the debris pile where they shoved the remnants of the house and hopefully the coins to the back of the lot. Time to start over I think.

Good Huntin
Kevin M.

Tater- If the phone rings- it's not me. :lol:

I'm headed back there now. Can you be here in 20 minutes?

Seriously- Come on down anytime. We can probably pick up an arrowhead if nothin else.

wow that beats my 3 silver day anyday !!! wouldlove to find one never mind 3 i think that deservse the cartwheel dance great job HH josh

Back
Top Bottom