$20 Story!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Just got back from a 10 day road trip.  St. Augustine, Stone Mt. / Savannah GA, and N.C..  Well anyway, took the BHD 3300 with me.  Used it for the 1st time on a beach in St. Augustine (Vilano Beach).  Got there at about 7pm with my son (wife was doing shopping at a huge outlet mall, giving me time to detect :yes:).  After about 10 minutes of doing some dry sand, a guy in a huge pickup named "JH" asks me if I will help him find his cellphone which he lost the day before in the sand a few blocks down the beach.  I agree, so me and  my son hop on the pick-up bed and go.  He shows us the general area where he believed it was lost.  It was about 10 x 100 yards wide.   I really thought it was finding a needle in a haystack - but lo & behold, after about 45 minutes, I dig up his Motorola cell phone, minus the rubber antenna cap :shock:!   And still working :shock:!  Well, I was ecstatic at helping him find his cellphone and he was happy at not losing all his contact information.  He offers me & my son soda's and as we're walking away, he slips into my pocket a $20 bill saying "you'll never know what you might find on this beach" (which I didn't realize he had done, but my son told me about a few minutes later).   I ended up only finding .93 cents in clad and some other stuff seen in the picture, but finding that cellphone for him sure was satisfying!   :grin:

Attachments

• 7-5-06.web.JPG
    7-5-06.web.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 221
Great story and an even better memory to have for life....Congrats! Hank :grin:

Back
Top Bottom