Why Travel ?

Brian

Elite Member
I was asked why I'm spending half my week detecting in England when Wales where I live is full of hill forts, castles etc.
Picture is of my collectable finds over the last couple of weeks. Left hand side are off low/no mineralisation sites in England. Right hand side from the normal acid Welsh sites which almost sucks the finish and detail off.
Similar items of the same periods can be found anywhere but my local ground conditions mean finds are rarely of a collectable standard. Plus for gold staters the nearer the South and East coasts you can get the better.
If you get the chance to come to the U.K. visit Scotland and Wales for the beautiful countryside but stick to the South East to maximise the chance of great finds.

Attachments

• Sil005.jpg
    Sil005.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 210
That's a very nice and impressive collection, Brian! I sure wish we had that kind of history here. Those kinds of finds can make a man weak at the knees. :)

I've got some great finds from the U.S. The trouble of where I live at present is do you dig poor items locally or spend half your life in a car travelling to better areas.

Some fantastic finds!!! Unfortunately, seems to be little hope to find such sweet items in our neck of the woods. Would'nt mind traveling to MD but Wales is a little far for a lark - even though I have ancestrial roots from there 8-)

Very nice Brian!! I have a friend that went over last year and found so much...said the fields are 'rolled' so it's easy digging and very productive.

Thanks for the pics! HH, Hank :grin:

Back
Top Bottom