I *did* lose my wedding ring in the snow (Tahoe)

SlippyFinger

Hi, all. I managed to lose my wedding ring on the side of Interstate 80 on the way back to the San Francisco area from north Lake Tahoe today. I was taking the chains off my car, shook my hand to get some snow off, and felt the ring slip off, heard it bounce off the car and vanish.

After an hour of searching, my wife and I had run out of places to look that weren't 12+ inches of fresh snow. As you can imagine, I'd love to get it back, but I have no experience using a metal detector, and it's a 3-4 hour drive from where we live, so it's tricky to just "try it out".

I did get the exact GPS coordinates of where it slipped off, so it should be very close to that spot.

Are there any hunters in the Tahoe area that would like to try to reunite me with my wedding ring (and also get a nice reward)? The ring is engraved on the inside with our initials and wedding date, so there'd be no doubt that it was the right one.

Awww gee... sorry to hear this. I'm glad you took the coordinates, that will be real helpful in finding it.

Glad you joined the forum. We may even be able to direct you to a club for some help. :yes:

Awww gee... sorry to hear this. I'm glad you took the coordinates, that will be real helpful in finding it.

Glad you joined the forum. We may even be able to direct you to a club for some help. :yes:

That would be great...I did check the volunteer detectorists thread and PMed someone in the area, and checked with someone else I found through the Metal Detectives USA site as well, but I'm trying to try as many options as I can.

We can probably replace the ring, but as you can imagine there's a lot of sentimental value to it.

Vlad pretty much said the same thing. We'd love to head that way and help him find it.

Snow has to melt first!

.....maybe not! I have done pretty well through the snow. The biggest worry is the Snow plow or the Snow Blower! They either scrape it to the side or throw it about 30 feet. Spring too, is always an option. I spoke with the owner and have the GPS numbers. I am heading over 80 the Friday so at least I can see the snow amount. If it looks doable I'll head up Sunday with some fellow MDers and give it a go! Sure hope I /we get lucky! Gotta give it a shot! Be well............. Jan

That is really cool; fellow MDrs taking time out to help. I hope this story comes with a GREAT ending! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy: The pics will be great I'm sure:D

Janster checked today and didn't have any luck, but given the snow and ice preventing searching off of the shoulder, we're hoping to try again once the snow melts.

.still too much snow!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• DSC00352.JPG
    DSC00352.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 341
Back
Top Bottom