A Season Of Finds... Welcome to Scratcher Town!

Ice Scratcher

Elite Member
My race is run, and my season is done
The ice is a coming, and its time for my fun
But before I go, please look around
There is something here from every place in town!

Welcome To Scratcher Town!!

To start, I just want to send a big THANK YOU to Vlad, Carol, and all the other awesome, friendly, moderators and members here at the forum. This place is great, and all of you make it that way..

This will be a thread built on almost everything I found. This was my first whole season and it was awesome! All the support, enthusiasm, advice, comradery, and friendly competition, found here, has bolstered my detecting fun and success ten fold.

This thread will be done in the style of my last year's final finds post but much more in depth, and I hope, entertaining!

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=136265

Last years was only four months and my first four at that. This thread till take more than a few posts, a lot of pictures, and might take a while to get it all posted..

So check back as there will be more added, day to day...

Happy Holidays to you and yours!!

Thanks for looking!!

<*)))>{

Scratcher Town Bank
And Trust

IMG_5049_zps937347e2.jpg

Dollars, 1 = $1.00
Halves, 2 = $1.00
Quarters, 562 = $140.50
Dimes, 764 = $76.40
Nickels, 162 = $8.10
Copper Cents, 1172 = $11.72
Zinc Cents, 789 = $7.89
Canadian Cents, 54 = $.54

Total Coins, 3506 = $247.15​

Silver Clad....

IMG_4970_zps78c3e143.jpg

Coppers....

IMG_4997_zpsadf3db74.jpg

Zincs.....

IMG_4995_zps9a9b24ec.jpg

Canadian Cents...

IMG_5008_zps971da7d1.jpg

Scratcher Town Bank uses proven money laundering technology utilizing a dual drum HF tumbler, broken glass, Cascade dish powder, and water. We also tumble items for other places in Scratcher Town including brass and copper tokens for Ice's Coin Exchange. A welcomed byproduct of our processes is beach glass. While in field, our technician is always looking for desirable pieces of colored glass which are picked up specifically for making beach glass... We are looking into patenting our money laundering technology, someday we may be the only source for broken glass!

Here is a picture of our tumbling medium, some beach glass made, and some other pieces of glass taken out of swimming areas for safety reasons..

IMG_5013_zpsda31e442.jpg

But..

This is what Scratcher Town Bank is really about, all rolled up in this final picture....

IMG_5006_zps2840288a.jpg

Thanks for looking and please come again!!

<*)))>{​

Scratcher's Shooting Range and Arsenal
If you can't shoot you might get the boot!!

IMG_5039_zps33e2aba9.jpg

Just a warning..

Please don't quote my posts on this thread, unless you know how to edit the "image code" out of the quote, if you don't delete the image codes, it will also repeat every picture I posted making an already picture heavy thread hard to bare...

Thanks again all!!!

Good luck and keep warm!!

<*)))>{

Wow, what a great thread! Looks like you had an awesome year and your pics really look great. Now get some hard-earned rest...my hunting season is just warming up! :D

Thanks a bunch Stewart!!

Good luck on your season hope it is the best ever for ya!!

No rest though, MD is my relaxing season ha ha, now is time for ice fishing!!

<*)))>{

So far, so good! You've really put some work into this show-n-tell of your season in review. I can't wait to see all those rings in a group shot. Congrats on a great season. : )

Great year! All the gold in your other thread was burning out my retinas. Next year make me wear some of these:cool::laughing:

Congrats on a awesome post I could picture how much fun you had finding each and every one target.Thanks again for sharing and have a great holiday cheers!

Warmer weather in the forecast?

Done........for real?

Excellent thread!

Done till ice fishing season is over... :yes:

Right now the ground is frozen pretty solid as far as digging goes..

I might try to get another hour or two in the water before Erie freezes. But there are already folks ice fishing, if I didn't start this thread now it would never start..lol..

Thanks man!!

<*)))>{

Bubbas Bait and Marine Hardware
Offering Michigan's Largest Selection of Sinkers!!

Our Theme Song!

MerchandICE

Marine Hardware
(Some dummy threw all our sparkplugs in the Scratcher Town Landfill before we could take this picture! Out of stock!)

IMG_5037_zpsf670beb4.jpg

Tackle

IMG_5038_zps1b39b502.jpg

Lead Sinkers
(42+ Pounds and over a hundred types and sizes!)

IMG_5050_zpsadc6df8c.jpg

Thanks for looking and please check back.
We are looking to have a much larger selection for our 2014 fishing season..

Thanks for your posts, photos and the great information on cleaning finds. Undeniably, your finds are stupendous, but the real value in your posts are that you appear to be a real and credible person. Being retired and on a fixed income, selecting a metal detector in the price range of the AT Pro was a major decision and was not made lightly. It would be a cop out to believe that people in the Atlantic Northeast and Asia lose so much more stuff than our Pacific Northwest inhabitants. But all I'm finding is clad, tiny silver, a few relics and lots of caps and tabs. But, your posts reminds me that the stuff is there, and waiting to be found.. even with a clunky machine like the AT Pro. Last night I was ready to put my AT Pro up for sale to the highest bidder on Craigslist and surrender the metal detecting turf to the Cadillac, Lexus, Audi and Mercedes class metal detectors. Then I saw your posts and it made me remember that I started doing MDing for fun and relaxation, as a source of relief from stress and high blood pressure and not as a source of anxiety and income production. So, thanks to you, I'll hang on to my AT Pro, keep on digging.:mder:

AT Pro/Garrett Pro Pointer/Fiskars Diggers/Bounty Hunter Outback/HF Pin Pointer

!

OleSarge,

Glad I could help inspire your decision, your post made my day brother!

If you think you still like your ATP now, just wait till I post the bling!!:bling:

Found plenty of other cool stuff and coins too... Scratcher Town Jewelry is still trying to build on their inventory even though, between the time available and the cold weather, chances are slim...

Chances are none if you don't get out...

<*)))>{

Love your finds and that is slot of ammo. How many live rounds do you find?

Thanks man!

Glad to know of another hard water fisher! Good luck this season, looking great so far!

I would say, 1-2% of the finds are live, most of those coming from school yards..:shock: I found a live 12 gauge while water hunting, I chucked that one in deeper water... I don't mind carrying a live round here and there, but I drew the line at putting a live 12G in my pouch at the start of a hunt lol...

<*))))>{

Oh you aint done for the year. I just got back from a hunt and the ground starts out frozen but at about noon its digable. But wow, thats some serious coinage. I was happy passing $30 (about what I got last year) but compared to you, i feel embarrassed lol.

Grats on all your cool finds this year.

Back
Top Bottom