junk jewelry

hrangelotti

wow! i have so much junk jewelry it's ridiculous:yes: but the thing is.. i don't know what to do with it.:?: i find an awful lot of junk jewelry since i mainly hunt tot lots and i have acquired quite a bit in the last three months. i was thinking about selling on ebay but i'm wondering if there is anything else i should do with it. what do you guys do with your junk jewelry that you find?:bling::gettinmoney: i need to make some moolah with this junk :laughing:

Give it to my daughter - she loves it and when she loses it - who cares.

You could give the pieces that still look decent to a kid.

KT is saving all of His Junk Jewelry....went through it awhile back and discovered two actual good pieces in it...one sterling ring and one small 14K gold ring! HA HA

KT plans on eventually gluing it all on a Royal Crown and taking a pic to show everyone on the Forum! KT finds a lot of bangle bracelets....and then He found out why...at our local Ben Franklin store, in the kid's section, you can buy them 10 for a buck! KT has about 3-4 dollars worth now! HA HA KT has thought about whenever we have a yard sale at the Castle, putting about 10 items in a ziplock bag and putting a $1 on them to see if He can dispose of them that way.

His Majesty likes the idea of giving them to young girls, there are a couple in our neighborhood...next time they visit with their parents, KT will give them their pick of His Treasure Chest! Heck, 2 or 3 picks!

that's an awesome idea about the yard sale and my daughters love the hot wheels and bracelets i find of course. it's all of these random pendants and single earrings. i think i might do the yard sale idea eventually.. thanks KT!

I too find a lot of junk jewelry hunting parks. I just throw them in the finds box.

Anything cheap and ugly doesn't make it past my wheelie trashbin. If it is sellable i'll save it for a yard sale. beach hunters find lots of junk jewelry. I probably would have a record for bubblegum machine rings if i saved them. Maybe i need to break out my gumball machine and put all my junk jewelry in it. Imagine the quarters someone would waste on a titanium ring.

His Majesty likes the idea of giving them to young girls, there are a couple in our neighborhood...next time they visit with their parents, KT will give them their pick of His Treasure Chest! Heck, 2 or 3 picks!

imchrishansen.jpg

:D

We put it on a small Christmas tree one year. Every thing on it was found at the beach.
HH BH

Attachments

• tree 012.jpg
    tree 012.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 349
You might consider selling it on etsy as "destash". My wife has made a fair amount of money doing that. Be creative on your listing and see what happens.

Doug

yeah..alot of ppl use costume jewelry for crafts and such...

turtlefoot is telling the truth...you can get decent dollar for bags of that stuff.

How can you tell how much junk the jewelry actually is. We found this pendant thing today and it has a lot of weight to it and just doesn't seem like the typical junk jewelry you'd find. I'm still not sure what it is. On the back there is a clip that opens up and snaps closed. I'm guessing it is to go on a necklace. Sorry for the poor pictures, I never claimed to be a photographer.

Jim

At our family camp out this year i brought a jar full of rings, crosses, necklace pendants ect and the wife bought some craft string for making jewelry. My two grand daughters and grand son played with that stuff for hours on end making bracelets and necklaces. I could never get enough money out of that stuff to come close to the worth of seeing those kids so thrilled to have all that to play with. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom