Falling Trees & Wedding Rings

sherylslife

The other night, a friend of mine posted on Facebook saying his friend was helping his disabled next-door neighbor clear the driveway of a fallen tree. He said he remembers cutting the tree then slinging the branches down an embankment into the woods. That's when he noticed his wedding ring gone. I commented on his post saying I had a metal detector and would gladly come help him look.

When I got there, we started on the side of the embankment where he thought it came off. I never realized how tough it is to metal detect on the side of an embankment with tree limbs everywhere. After not finding the ring and seeing how tough it was, I suggested we scan the easiest areas first, maybe backtrack his steps from the house to the embankment. We started with where they were cutting and as soon as I started my sweep, it rang! He was amazed that we found it because they had spent hours on their hands and knees searching the area where it was found.

The only bad news for him was he thought his wedding ring was silver but it actually turned out to be white gold (which is nice, too). It felt good to help someone find something they thought was long gone.

The next day, the original friend called to say his father-in-law had just lost his military ring in the flower bed. I was about half way there when he called to say he found it. Does make ya feel good to help.

Great story. Lots of "good" in it. Neighbor helping neighbor. Friend helping friend. Congrats on locating the ring and thanks for sharing the story! HH!

Back
Top Bottom