2 out of 4 aint bad

OZ_IL

Forum Supporter
Been in a real rut in finding coins - trying a huge play area Saturday AM, and fingers crossed (which makes for tough typing).

Anyway tried redetecting a neighbors property and found a whopping 4 cents (1 cent was lying on top). Some good news at least in that 2 of the 4 cents where wheat backs, and pre-1950s (kind of common in my area) to boot.

Oh to cure my silver drought though :(

Attachments

• 1942_1946d.jpg
    1942_1946d.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 139
......there should be silver. I have found so many wheat pennies lately I'm beggining to wonder if there is any silver left out there. The ratio of silver to wheaties is just not adding up this summer for me either. :(

Hunted a farm tonight and after all the garbage I have dug I finally found coins. Four wheat pennies, have them soaking right now but will post pics when I get them cleaner. It is such an awesome feeling to dig coins after so much iron and house parts. I was looking at the field today and saw how the land "mounded" in a certain place. When I followed the lines they led to an old well. Didn't get too close as I was by myself. Plan on going back and finding the "silver" this weekend! HH :lol:

Where's there's wheats...there's more wheats...currently on a string of 18 wheaties since the silver bell was last rung...Oz, I know you hunt in Illinois, but it sure sounds like we're hunting the same places when I read your posts...4 cents for a neighbor's yard sounds about right...good luck on the playground..I did an out of town park last week that had 3 tot lots...nothing at all in the grass, but 70 coins, good for $5.66 in the woodchips..along with 3 more pieces of junk jewelry to add to my massive inventory... HH Roadrunner_426

Back
Top Bottom