One of my worst MD'ing days ever

OZ_IL

Forum Supporter
Hit a (pea gravel) playground and a sand volleyball in a 'burb next to me and found a whopping nickle, cent, 5 pull tabs, a kiddie ring and six buried cans, one being a full beer can. The playground was a disgrace, garbage everywhere. :mad: Much cleaner after I got done detecting it.

Later I tried a school playground in another burb. Went with a bud who lives about a 2 minute car ride away. The playground is now wood chips, but a little digging showed pea gravel a few inches down, and sand under that. At least I found 2 Q's, 1 cent and 1 token (some place I never heard of lacated in another burb). He showed me where the old play area was, found nada, and then tried the back entrance to the school, a few pull tabs and nails.

I'll update the post Monday with a pic of the kiddie ring and token. Two playgrounds and a volleyball court yields 57 cents *ugh*

At least you were out, and educating yourself on the operations of your detector!

roadrunner_426 said:
Don't understand how finding a full beer can be called a bad day ! HH Roadrunner_426
When it is a can of Miller Lite *ugh*. Once I was doing a group cleanup (no, I wasn't in a chain gang :roll: ) and found 3 cans of piss water, er I mean Budweiser. Doesn't anyone leave full bottles of Heineken around :yes:

Here's the pics of yet another kiddie ring and my second ? token, both found at playground, different cities.

Attachments

• ring_top.jpg
    ring_top.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 127
  • ring_bot.jpg
    ring_bot.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 128
  • token_top.jpg
    token_top.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 132
  • token_bot.jpg
    token_bot.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 130
Pea gravel don't sound too bad. I just did a playground the other day, and it was all sawdust. Not wood chips but sawdust. It was a day after it rained, and boy was that messy to hunt in. :wow:

Wow I have yet to see a sawdust tot lot, doesn't sound like such a good concept.
Not only the mess factor, but it wouldn't seem it would last very long, and also theres usually all sorts of nasty contaminants in sawdust.
I have seen a rubber one, apparently made out of shredded tires, and the bummer here for me is that no effort was made to remove the air things, so theres those little metal air caps all over the place, and most of them ring up as dimes.

Back
Top Bottom