2 days 5 silver dollars

puma

found these beauties at an old home site which was torn down and ground bulldozed. the spread of dates is unusal but further research revealed it to be the location of a livery stable in the 1880's. the morgans are dated 1880.18802, 1921, and the peace dollars are both 1922's. 4 buffs, 3 mercs, 1 rosie, 1 war nickel, 24 wheaties, and the 1857 3 cent piece (not cleaved by me!) round out the coins so far found. my DFX sure does love the silver.

Attachments

• silver1.jpg
    silver1.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 237
  • coins1.jpg
    coins1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 229
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:HOLY MOLY! what a great find. I was going to try to take a few days off and do some gardening. Not any more. Fired up again. Many, many congrats!!! Feel free to tell us more, VDI's, depth, directions to your site :lol: :lol: :lol: etcetera. Glad to see there's some virgin ground left.

Way to GO!
Kevin

Looks like you found a couple of lifetimes of silver dollar finds in 2 days..a shame about the silver 3 cents, one of my favorites, but I guess you're not crying too hard with those dollars in your collection...Congrats, and hope you find 5 more tomorrow.. Roadrunner_426

Eureka! You're rich!!! Nice going! :yes:

Fantastic finds .Looks like they were not in circulation for long.Any possibility of a cache buried there somewhere?MM

That is an extremely nice assortment of coins! I really like the 3 cent piece despite the damage, it has that much more history. Oh yeah, the silver dollars aren't bad either! ;) If you weren't spoiled before...

thanks for the reply's fellows. i just recently went back to that site and found a couple more wheaties and one buff but no more silver. i think i pretty well cleaned this spot out. dug about a 1000 nails!!!!! the silver dollars read at a steady +91 on my DFX'S VDI. all of the coins were found at less than 5 inches because of the soil the bulldozers had already removed. I didn't research this site or anything. I was just out with my wife on one of our weekend drives and drove past the area and thought what the heck, i had my detector with me, the first 30 seconds after ground balancing i hit the 1880 morgan silver dollar, and it was like holy crap!!! after jumping up and down a bit and having my wife look at me a little weird, (she has yet to get my passion with this hobby) i got serious and really started hunting. I was digging pretty much everything at that point. Well its on to the next adventure for me, i feel a few gold coins are waiting for me this summer. good luck everyone!!!!

Back
Top Bottom