What a weekend!!!!

Digginman

Went out in the backyard this afternoon. It was really hot. Had a really funny signal, decided to dig it. I found a little jingle type (Christmas) bell, ball type. But also in my hand was a little ring with a blue stone. It looks silver, but in registers as a pull tab/nickle. Maybe it's gold.

If you notice, it's already on Lori's finger, so I guess it's confiscated.

Bob

Attachments

• ring2 (WinCE).jpg
    ring2 (WinCE).jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 367
Yes, it's marked, but unreadable. I work in an Electronics Company, so I'll look under the scope tomorrow.

the same place where you found the plate ? like i said before if i could find stuff like that in my yard ,i wouldn't have to leave my house . :yes: very nice digginman

The exact same place. The ring came from the back yard, up against an outbuilding. Most of my older coins come from the front yard. Civil War relics come from all over the yard. My basement is earthern, but I'm saving it for when I can't get outside, this winter maybe.

No need to, del. I'm sure my streak will end, and I'll have a time to be envious of someone else. Hope it's you.

Nice looking ring DM...might get an idea of whether it's gold or not by it's heaft..even a small gold ring has sort of a hefty feel to it...HH Roadrunner_426

I work in an electronics company. I looked at the markings under the scope this morning. It's marked 925. Doesn't that make it silver??

Bob

Digginman said:
I work in an electronics company.  I looked at the markings under the scope this morning.  It's marked 925.  Doesn't that make it silver??

Bob

Looks to me like it's a sterling silver ring with a blue saphhire ..... could be a star saphhire if it gets white "laser" type streaks when the light hits it....

Very nice find!

Very nice find Digginman. By the way I know how you feel about the confiscation. The gold ring I found a short time ago saw the same fate.

Nice finds! I pulled a George iii Copper out of my back yard years ago, along with an 1816 Large Cent...wish I could do that again!
Great job Digginman!

HH, Hank :grin:

Back
Top Bottom