Another scouting mission

mxtswinger

Elite Member
Drove the route I took last Sat., but with camera this time. Got permission to hunt the house in the first pic. A cousin of mine owns the adjoining farm. Got to hunt about an hour there. Looks like it was last occupied in the 70's. Also looks like they lived on beer and vienna sausage since the cans from these products are everywhere. It used to have a front porch, but I'll have to move a lot of junk to detect it.

Attachments

• DSCN2482B.jpg
    DSCN2482B.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 270
  • DSCN2467B.jpg
    DSCN2467B.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCN2470B.jpg
    DSCN2470B.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCN2471B.jpg
    DSCN2471B.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 172
they look good for the pickin , mxt i'll be looking forward to coin totals . they should keep you for awhile , hey good luck

BEER & VIENNES ! NOW YOU'RE TALKIN' !...looks a lot like a couple of places I did last week..except I think my tenants substituted wine in place of the viennas...found 2 quarters and a nickel together about 3 feet from the front porch..I figure one of the drunks probably tripped and did a pocket drop coming down the steps..other than that 22 cents and enough bottle tops to open an alcoholic beverage museum...hope your tenants saved some cash to lose in the grass ! HH Roadrunner_426

Thanks guys!

RR- a friend of mine in AK collects beer caps> If you find some old or unusual ones let me know. Don't think you'll get rich on them though. :lol:

MXT, I'll take a look next time I'm around there...just threw 'em out of the way and remember such stellar trademarks as " Cobra " and " Colt 45 "...seems like there were a couple of older looking rusted up ones I didn't recognize the name on though... might be real old , because I thought I'd sampled every variety known to man during my college days....HH Roadrunner_426

Yup, those spots look ripe for the pickin. :lol: I really like the old general store type of building. I can just see several old men sitting on the porch chewing the fat. Look forward to hearing how you do there.

Hoser- Yep, I'd love to hear all the stories told there. I WANT IT! Doubt it's possible, but I am going to see what it would take to buy it.

I cut the road out of the pic, but there's only about 3 feet between the porch and the road. Any riches there would be concentrated in a small area. I'm sure it's been hunted, but you never know. Hope to get out there this weekend. HH

Back
Top Bottom