It's Here! First Hunt With My New Quattro

WormtownHunter

A Big Hello To All,

Well, after receiving the new Quattro by UPS on Friday, I had a long agonizing 2 day wait to try her out. Thanks to the detecting gods, I was able to leave work today at noon and needless to say I rushed out to one of my local "hunted out" places to work the ground for a bit.

Until I am fully used to the Quattro, I have decided to run her in Coins mode at Auto sensitivity. After doing the Noise Cancel, I hunted my favorite strip at the place, all the while sweeping slow, and my 1st target read with a nice high tone. After taking note that the target was about 6"+, I tried the wiggle method of pinpointing, and retrieved a nice 1953 Wheat Cent at about 7 3/4" down in a plug I cut. No, it's not silver, but I am EXCITED about this machine and learning all the ins & outs of her language.

Hopefully next post will be some nice old silver coins!

Happy Hunting To You All!

Barry

first welcome to the forum WTH, and congrats in the detector purchase and nice job on the wheaty find. your off to a good start with it

del said:
first welcome to the forum WTH, and congrats in the detector  purchase and nice job on the wheaty find. your off to a good start with it

Thanks for the nice welcome del :grin:

You can detect with an Audi?  :lol:  Welcome and good luck with your new toy!   :yes:

Welcome to the forum Barry. You are off and running for sure. That Quattro is gonna do you well I'm sure. Look forward to seeing some pics real soon.

Welcome and congrats on a successful maiden voyage. I came close to buying a Quattro myself, but was concerned about the weight issue. I'll be interested to see how you make out with it. Send those pics!

Good Huntin

Back
Top Bottom