Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Stories and Pictures of Finds

Old 06-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Elite Member

Default Barbados One Cent

I was able to get out to an older park in a neighboring township for about 2 1/2 hours today, 43 clad coins: 4 quarters, 7 dimes, 1 nickel, 31 memorials, 2 Hot Wheels cars (1960's vintage buried together about 12" deep),and a lead "whatzit". Not a spectacular day as far as anything older, but the 44th coin is a one cent piece from Barbados. I thought that to be unusual. I was at this park last week for a little while with JiminPhilly. It appears to be loaded with coins, and not too bad as far as trash. I decided to leave when too many people started showing up. I have a feeling there is some silver to be had, as I got my appetite wet last week with one wheaty and one silver Rosie. We will see.

After leaving the park, I swareyed over to the historic outskirts of town and inquired about gaining permission to hunt another nature preserve area along the Wissahicken Creek. I was warmly received, and will be given the final word on Tuesday, so it really was a pretty good day after all, as this narrow area along the creek stretches for about 12 miles, with lots of ruins & structures from both the 1700's and 1800's

Time in swing 2009: 0.0 hrs.
Significant finds '09: TBD

I WORK TOO MUCH & SLEEP TOO LITTLE !!!!

Old 06-11-2006, 07:47 PM
Elite Member

Default Re: Barbados One Cent

Good for you Bill. This place should yield some very nice finds for sure. Would love to see some pics when you get them too.