Major bummed

Went through a similar period with my daughter about 10 years ago. I feel your pain. Good luck righting the course again.

I'd find it pretty hard to get into metal detecting with that stuff lingering around me. If the way you describe the dynamics are accurate, I'd get myself and my daughter away from that woman. THEN I'd contemplate going detecting again. It sounds like you could already prove she's got violence issues in court and get state support and possible custody of your daughter.

Here is an offer you can't refuse.

Send the Nox back to Minelab for repairs. Let them know what happened. Whatever the repairs cost I will pay for them.

PM me and I will give you my number to give to Minelab.

Best I can do
That is a very fine offer. That should help him a lot. Good Karma is surely coming your way.

Cliff

For you folks that want to tell him what he needs and what he doesn't need, I am sure glad you know and have evaluated the whole situation.

WE ARE NOT HERE TO JUDGE OTHERS. How many of us NEED a detector to go out and get away from life?

Nobody needs to come here to explain their personal life so we can judge. HE has to do what HE feels is best for HIS family period. He did NOT come here asking for help. I offered to help where I KNEW I could.

We ALL have one life to live the way WE feel is best. I am not here to tell folks how to run their life and neither should you be. You have absolutely NO idea of the whole picture.

Low Tide has been a member for a very long time. Let him handle his family. We all have to have an escape and most of us have chosen metal detecting. THAT is the reason we are all on this forum. PERIOD. So don't judge other things a member is going through even if they vent. I am sure we all will have a better experience here. My FREE 2¢

Here is an offer you can't refuse.

Send the Nox back to Minelab for repairs. Let them know what happened. Whatever the repairs cost I will pay for them.

PM me and I will give you my number to give to Minelab.

Best I can do

low tide, sorry for the bad times. Hope things get better for you. Scuba, I've not been here long but gotta say, that is an incredible thing to do! Incredible!

For you folks that want to tell him what he needs and what he doesn't need, I am sure glad you know and have evaluated the whole situation.

WE ARE NOT HERE TO JUDGE OTHERS. How many of us NEED a detector to go out and get away from life?

Nobody needs to come here to explain their personal life so we can judge. HE has to do what HE feels is best for HIS family period. He did NOT come here asking for help. I offered to help where I KNEW I could.

We ALL have one life to live the way WE feel is best. I am not here to tell folks how to run their life and neither should you be. You have absolutely NO idea of the whole picture.

Low Tide has been a member for a very long time. Let him handle his family. We all have to have an escape and most of us have chosen metal detecting. THAT is the reason we are all on this forum. PERIOD. So don't judge other things a member is going through even if they vent. I am sure we all will have a better experience here. My FREE 2¢

^^^^X2

nice Scuba. and well spoken later too. .

Pray. for healing and a good doctor. life is tough, especially now for a lot of folks, for many compounded reasons. and life is not spelled "F A I R". it seems so un fair at times.

but Prayer can help you through it. and thats just my belief. not imposing my belief on anyone. its a choice.

Godspeed. Good Luck. and Prayers.

I'd just hate for his situation to get worse and for someone to get really hurt. Perhaps there is more to it than I know, and his wife has been down a difficult road, but it just seems to me his daughter needs plenty of attention and protection right now. Personally I spend LONG hours in my music studio sometimes but that goes out the window if my family needs TLC. I hope he gets it stabilized and healed so he can truly enjoy his hobby.

I'd just hate for his situation to get worse and for someone to get really hurt. Perhaps there is more to it than I know, and his wife has been down a difficult road, but it just seems to me his daughter needs plenty of attention and protection right now. Personally I spend LONG hours in my music studio sometimes but that goes out the window if my family needs TLC. I hope he gets it stabilized and healed so he can truly enjoy his hobby.

My comment was not directed at just you. Sometimes in life you cannot control what is happening around you and you need to escape and relax. I took care of my wife for two and a half years before she died. Hospice ordered me out a few times so I could dive and detect. We all need a way to escape life when things are happening we cannot control. I think metal detecting for a lot is that escape. BUT, I do not know. I am not here to single anyone out.

Life is good. We make of it what we can. We also cannot fix everything that is wrong in our families.

Good point about not judging others and their situations as we all have our faults and situations that arise, we simply need to offer encouragement without meddling.

I definitely agree we are not the judge of others, we can express our concern and offer encouragement, but not judge, that is why I try to be very careful how I word my responses in such cases so my good intentions are not misunderstood as meddling but as very general non-specific insight and encouragement.

Wow LT....just read this with much sadness and concern. Of course, the metal detectors are nothing compared to the health of your wife and daughter and all of you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm going to send you a pm in a few.

Wishing you the best with the family situation. (And getting back to normalcy and detecting!) Problems.... we ALL have them. You're not alone. You know the best route to go when it comes to the ones you love. Thanks for being a great part of this forum.

Glad

I stayed single, had no kids , If a girlfriend does this, they are set free like a sunken ship , or another example , if a tire goes bad, get rid of it , get a new one :laughing: GOOD LUCK BRO. I have no advice to give you because of my beginning statement , I plead the 5th. Detectors are replaceable , hope things work out for you, however someone that would destroy expensive equipment that you love, you have to take a closer look at the future . Get 3 barrel bolts for the spare bedroom door, sleep in their till you figure out the best path forward !:shock::no::(

Low tide, so sorry to hear about all you have going on, family issues are never easy for anyone.
Scuba, you renew my hope for humanity!

Thanks for everyone's kind words. I understand how some may say to toss her, f that, and so on. Shes my wife and she got caught up on prescriptions that I feel should not of been prescribed and the wheels got out from under her. We are a loving family. A forgiving family and an understanding family. The past 4 days since I threw her antidepression pills, her anti anxiety, her nausea pills,,..all the pills that had side effects that needed other pills for those side effects and so on down the toilet, she has been hurting ALOT from her health issues( lupus and fibromyalgia,) , has come back from the fog and is beginning to return to normal. As normal with those issues are. It has opened my eyes to pay attention to all my loved ones and not to take things for granted. Hunting is NOT on my mind. The daughter admitted she didn't take pills and was just mad at mom for being mean. Mean because of the instability she was experiencing from the pills. .. again thank you for the VERY kind words. I only know a few here but it truly is a FRIENDLY FORUM.

Hugs!

Attachments

• hugs.jpg
    hugs.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 195
Thanks for everyone's kind words. I understand how some may say to toss her, f that, and so on. Shes my wife and she got caught up on prescriptions that I feel should not of been prescribed and the wheels got out from under her. We are a loving family. A forgiving family and an understanding family. The past 4 days since I threw her antidepression pills, her anti anxiety, her nausea pills,,..all the pills that had side effects that needed other pills for those side effects and so on down the toilet, she has been hurting ALOT from her health issues( lupus and fibromyalgia,) , has come back from the fog and is beginning to return to normal. As normal with those issues are. It has opened my eyes to pay attention to all my loved ones and not to take things for granted. Hunting is NOT on my mind. The daughter admitted she didn't take pills and was just mad at mom for being mean. Mean because of the instability she was experiencing from the pills. .. again thank you for the VERY kind words. I only know a few here but it truly is a FRIENDLY FORUM.
I am sad to hear of your trouble LT but sounds like you are keeping the family together which is the best thing to do👍
I too had some trouble with my wife who is bipolar.
I pray things will improve for you and yours.

Throwing up prayers for you and your family. Scuba is a very generous soul, we could use alot more people like Scuba.

Hang in there, and work through it. Family is more important than anything, and it sounds like I'm not telling you anything you don't know already.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom