Major bummed

low tide

Elite Member
Seriously bummed. My wife lost her $#%#$^ (reasons that were not mine) and went in the garage, saw red and DESTROYED my CTX and Nox with my scoop. Apparently the 1st thing she saw! Wasted both and also took out the Nox's 15" and the Eisenhower headphones. 3030 is TOAST! For those that are married, you know not to "Tell her to buy you another." I planted the guilt but it hasn't bloomed yet.

Anyways, I'm looking for at least a NOX800 if anyone is selling.
I can also trade and or sell the 6" coil if anyone's interested .
As for the CTX, the 17 coil (Thank GOD) is ok as is the 6" coil but the MD is now in heaven.

Seriously bummed. My wife lost her $#%#$^ (reasons that were not mine) and went in the garage, saw red and DESTROYED my CTX and Nox with my scoop. Apparently the 1st thing she saw! Wasted both and also took out the Nox's 15" and the Eisenhower headphones. 3030 is TOAST! For those that are married, you know not to "Tell her to buy you another." I planted the guilt but it hasn't bloomed yet.

As for the CTX, the 17 coil (Thank GOD) is ok as is the 6" coil but the MD is now in heaven.

:holycow::holycow:

Wow, I would be gone! Is that 15" Nox got just got broken ears? Or something more fatal? If just broken ears I would be interested. PM Me.

Sorry for your loss

Sorry man that’s really gotta suck.. hope you find a new machine soon

Wow

Glad i never got married bro. , better put some chains on her :shock: , i would have trouble sleeping at night :signals: that is grounds for divorce , not good !

Long story short, daughter claimed she wanted to kill herself and took a bunch of advil. Then barfed. Told mom she did it cuz of her. Wife got crazy, I got involved, blah blah blah... rest is personal but that's the gist of it. Just money and glad everyone is now OK, I'm just bummed. Thought the ctx was salvageable but after really inspecting it, everything BUT the actual display control is shot. Probably to much to repair. Its like 7 yrs old but was pristine.it lived a long life. 800 is TOAST... I'll reinspect the 15" and yes the ears are shot but I think the coil is cracked to which totally compromises its worth. Been wanting another excal anyways so maybe it's a good thing but I'll miss the ctx for sure.

Here is an offer you can't refuse.

Send the Nox back to Minelab for repairs. Let them know what happened. Whatever the repairs cost I will pay for them.

PM me and I will give you my number to give to Minelab.

Best I can do

Send the Nox back to Minelab for repairs. Let them know what happened. Whatever the repairs cost I will pay for them.

Best I can do

You’re one good man Scuba. One good man!

R5

Bummer on the detecting gear , bigger bummer on what your family is going thru . I hope all the issues that caused the rage can be resolved . Sounds like some family counseling , anger management and Divine intervention is needed here .

Scuba's offer

Best I can do

Verry generous of you Scuba , hope the good Karma returns to you many times over on your trip to Aruba with some great finds. :dingding: :hat3: :urock:

Last edited:

Best I can do

Hey Scuba , I don't have many heroes but you made my list .Righteous man , righteous .

Best I can do

Scuba, that is awesome of you. We need more scubas in this world!

Best I can do
Scuba, dude..... you literally have me teary eyed right now. I'm having a hard time accepting the offer though... because it's not cheap...and I have a hard time taking help. I'm always the giver. I'll pm u 2morrow and we can talk. I appreciate it.

Ok...here goes from Doctor KOB : You don't need a detector right now. The daughter blaming her life on Mom , then Mom taking it out on what you love is systemic. The family dynamics are not good right now and tensions are high. Material things can be replaced ( from the great people like Scuba). But families are not easy to repair. I hope you guys seek help. Sometimes outside help can find that missing piece of the puzzle that is hard to find yourselves. I wish you the best....

The wife has lupus and takes percocet. After being laid off due to the employers economic reasons she got depressed. The Dr she had sent her down an opiate, benzo rabbit hole. I've since thrown everything down the toilet and it's been 2 weeks now. I took a week off to help her detox. She's in the 2md phase and it's hard. Not her fault. It's VERY easy to get caught up on prescription junk. No more fighting and we are getting better. Family has tightened up ALOT this past month and we will recover. Just trying to hash through it all and KOB, you are right. No detecting for awhile.

Best I can do

WOW, that is really great of you Scuba !!!!! :thumbsup:

Those of us who have been on the forum a while remember your generous free contests you did in the past so your generosity is no surprise !

......low_tide, sincere wishes and prayers for your family to recover and heal emotionally and be able to resolve whatever the root problems are, as your family is worth fighting for to restore.

None of us are perfect, we all have our faults (including me) but I remember a line to a gospel song "He looked beyond my faults and saw my need" and sometimes with those we love we have to look beyond their faults and see what the underlying need is that might have been overlooked in the busyness of life. (not trying to "preach" just trying to offer encouragement and hope)

Edit to add: just noticed your post about the prescription drugs, glad you are able to get her away from the negative effects they have the potential to cause.

Dude hang in there and glad things are on the mend family-wise, most important thing.

Yeah, SD’s offer is dang cool. I once won a contest of his and have a lake-blackened Walker and two Wash’s he sent me, hold them in high esteem.

Back
Top Bottom