I Need Prayers Please! 🙏

Everything will work out for you.. Stay strong friend - please know you're in our thoughts and prayers...

Just saw this thread. Tough deal for you. Good to see you get transportation covered, and a date scheduled. I will be praying for you, too. Expect a good recovery, and put this hardship behind you.

Surgery went well....

My pastor and his wife took me to the hospital we got there about 6:45 a.m. At about 8 a.m. I was taken for a procedure to place a wire into my left breast for the surgeon to be able to find where to remove the tissue. The procedure took longer than they thought it would so that put me behind schedule. I don't know what time my surgery was supposed to be but by the time they got done with the procedure I was at the end of the line and it was bumper to bumper gurney's like cars on the interstate in heavy traffic. So they kept me in a room until my turn and I didn't get into surgery until after 3 p.m. I woke up in recovery and by the time they felt secure to release me it was nearly 5pm. We left the hospital and went straight to O'Charley's for supper I got a full seafood combo platter for my dinner. After they brought me home I looked at the papers that the hospital gave me telling me what I could and could not do or should and should not do for the next 24 to 48 hours. The very first thing on it said I should be on a liquid diet for 24 hours OOPS! Well I guess I won't be on a liquid diet huh I'm doing fine in that respect. I didn't even need pain medication to sleep last night I slept like a baby I'm doing okay. Now the two week wait to find out the results if there's anything else in there that needs to be taken care of. I do have pain medication if I need it lortabs actually hydrocodone the generic version but so far I haven't needed it. Yes it hurts a little bit but it's tolerable.

Thanks for updating us, very glad everything seems to have gone well with your surgery ! ……..and to go straight to a restaurant afterwards was somewhat surprising, but at least it shows you were feeling up to it that fast !

Thanks everyone. I'm doing okay. Hurting a little bit today but so far I've not needed the Lortabs yet. I'm using the ice pack instead and that seems to help. Taking it easy and watching TV today. :yes:

Thanks everyone. I'm doing okay. Hurting a little bit today but so far I've not needed the Lortabs yet. I'm using the ice pack instead and that seems to help. Taking it easy and watching TV today. :yes:

Just saw this.... praying for a successful recovery.

Today Thanksgiving is one week since my surgery and I've still not had any pain medication nor have I needed it! :D

Will be going to see my surgeon for the post-op visit on December 4th as well as the medical oncologist and the radiation oncologist both also on the 4th of December first appointment 1 p.m. second appointment 2 p.m. third appointment 3 p.m. These last two are consult appointments just to learn what will be done after the first of the year radiation first for 5 weeks followed by medication that I'll have to take everyday for 5 years. I still don't have the results of the pathology report from the surgery yet hopefully I will find that out on the 4th when I see the surgeon. Just keep those prayers flowing.

Hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving! Let's just say I ate very well! And I enjoyed the company of my pastor his wife and his father at their home today!

With a little luck this hopefully will be just a short set back for you. The success rates for these things have gone up so tremendously that it's more scary than anything else.

You'll get through this with flying colors. You have plenty of people praying for you, myself included.

Just think. At least all this is taking place in the winter, when you'd be bored anyways, and you'll be back MDing in the spring.

Good luck
Tag

Congrats to you, I recently had surgery in a place I’d rather not say. I couldn’t do without my pain meds or even sit up for weeks. I still take ibuprofen daily and am in constant pain.

Your amazing and an inspiration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks King Totsalot. I'm doing much better I have three appointments the 4th of December with my surgeon, my medical oncologist and my radiology oncologist. So I will be busy that day and hopefully I will find out just what's going to be happening in the near future! Just keep those prayers coming.

It's not looking good. . .

I got my pathology report from my surgery on the Maury Regional Patient Portal and I read it and if I understand it correctly my margins or at least one of them is not clean because it said Positive for DCIS. And I know enough about it from the doctor that if margins are clean they will state them as Negative for DCIS. And he told me that if my margins were not clean he would do a mastectomy and I don't want that! I am supposed to see him on the 4th of December and if he mentions mastectomy I can't do it! If he can go back in and just take what's necessary to make the one side clean fine but I cannot not do a mastectomy! I'm just not ready for that!

I learned something yesterday. The surgeon who did my lumpectomy is not a cancer surgeon just a general surgeon and apparently the Maury Regional Cancer Center is down on him and all the other surgeons in his department they didn't have good words for him. I won't discuss that here. They told me that the mastectomy was not the only option like he told me. So now I've totally completely switched over to their department and no surgery at this time. They are going to do radiation followed by a pill that I will have to take daily for five years and they tell me that doing this will have the same results as if I had had the total mastectomy with no radiation and taking the same pill. In other words my percentage of survival is near 100%.

The Maury Regional Cancer Center has a complete network of doctors not only medical oncologists and radiation oncologists they have plastic surgeons cancer surgeons cardiologists psychologists everything you can imagine. It is all self-contained whatever the patient needs is right there they do not need to go outside the center for other care. They deemed me extremely stressed and depressed and they are linking me up with one of their psychologists and counselors! Without going into too much detail they didn't have good words for my surgeon he caused me undue stress and anxiety and they are going to deal with that with their counselors. I will be going back on the 16th of December to go through the mapping, marking etc and then they're going to let me heal and recuperate until the first week of January at which time my radiation will start.

Back
Top Bottom