Always check past the hot rocks! (my first Eagle Button)

EmuDetector

Forum Supporter
Spent a couple hours in my now favorite honey hole again this morning before work trying to find some more coins. Ended up getting a great little signal. I dig around and wouldn't you know I pull up a couple hot rocks. (they are fairly common here) well right as I was disappointed and getting ready to fill the hole, I see a stand out color from the dirt. I picked it out to find my first Eagle button!! Always check and recheck the hole!

If anyone knows the details to it off hand, please share.

Looks nice in good condition.
That eagle was use from civil war until 1908.

It will be the back makings that tell a closer time period.
So we need a much better close up pic of the back or you telling us what the exact markings are.

Yes, I always recheck the hole.

Looks nice in good condition.
That eagle was use from civil war until 1908.

It will be the back makings that tell a closer time period.
So we need a much better close up pic of the back or you telling us what the exact markings are.

Yes, I always recheck the hole.

No back markings on this one. But thanks!

Congrats! And ALWAYS check the hole after you dig rocks OR finds. I have found other bullets in the same hole before. Dug a modern bullet one daym and then hit it one more time and lo and behold, there was a 3-ringer minie!

Nice eagle. Congrats.

I've only found one hot rock down here on the coast in the past 10 years....

Nice job and find!

Lots of hot rocks in some of the areas I hunt. After a while you can hear or at least I think I can, more of a drawn out sound to them (waa waa), so I walk on most of them, but now I'm thinking there may be good finds masked by them! Dang! There are a ton of them in some of my spots!

Congrats and hh![emoji3548]

Back
Top Bottom