short local detect gets Silvers & Sterling!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Had a chance to go detect for about 1 1/2 hrs this afternoon, as the ground thankfully is still not frozen up here, and it was a sunny afternoon with temps in the mid 40's. Cruised town while checking my 1914 digging map, and settled on a home not on the map, but it looked like a 1930's place. The owner turned to be a friend of mine, the home was built in 1937, and he gave the go ahead for the whole yard.

As it turned out, the front, back, and most of the side yard had about 12" of topsoil brought in, you could really see how the lawn was built up much higher than the sidewalk. I was finding 6-7" memorial pennies and clad dimes, along with a 1958 wheat penny. I moved off toward the edge of the side yard where it looked like less fill, and snagged a 1944 Silver Washington quarter. The TID was only 84-85, as there was a rusty screw in the hole too. On a nearby curb strip I snagged the 1941 Merc Dime, and a large .925 Sterling Silver ring with black onyx or enamel (89 signal on the AT Pro). All in all, not a bad day as I found silvers #202 and #203, and it was definitely fun to get out and detect! Thanks for your interest!

Attachments

• wing.jpg
    wing.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 513
Glad to hear David the grounds by you are still diggable. Somehow I don't think that will happen here after the bitter cold hit us and our warm up that's coming is with highs that are in the low thirty's. Teen's and low twenty's at night. Anyway congrats on adding a couple more to the count along with a very nice looking Sterling Ring. Trapper

Congrats on the 200,milestone and the additional 3 more silver..Like Trapper has already said,not many people reach that number or even close to it..Your definitely walking the walk..

Glad to hear David the grounds by you are still diggable. Somehow I don't think that will happen here after the bitter cold hit us and our warm up that's coming is with highs that are in the low thirty's. Teen's and low twenty's at night. Anyway congrats on adding a couple more to the count along with a very nice looking Sterling Ring. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! Yeah, glad we have a bit more detecting season, I am hopefully going to Missoula on Friday and Saturday, good weather, high 40's and sunshine. Probably have a week or a bit more until shut down here in Montana.

Congrats on the nice combination of silvers and the pic to go with it!

Thanks JAK! Was glad to find some silvers today!

Congrats on the 200,milestone and the additional 3 more silver..Like Trapper has already said,not many people reach that number or even close to it..Your definitely walking the walk..

Thank you woodbutcher, don't think I will equal last year (219 shiny) but will give it a go if the weather holds!

Nice digs! Always happy to dig a Merc! Especially happy to go bigger, digging a silver quarter; and who doesn't love finding a healthy sterling ring? Keep going! Us frozen out folks can still cheer you on! :yes:

Nice digs! Always happy to dig a Merc! Especially happy to go bigger, digging a silver quarter; and who doesn't love finding a healthy sterling ring? Keep going! Us frozen out folks can still cheer you on! :yes:

Thank you Foragist! You Swissconsin guys do really well with the deep targets, could have used you or IXL or Trapper on that heavily filled lawn!:lol: Glad to have found some shiny and sterling, just looked out the front window and wet ground and unusual fog, so who knows if I'll make it up to Missoula today...

Geez Dave, I am getting VERY jealous of your exploits! :laughing:

It is not even cold yet here and I still really haven't been out this month...congrats on the fertile ground around you. Great job on the 1/4 :D

Very nice....

I'm afraid my season is done...snow on the ground, and been cold the past few days so the ground will be frozen....I keep hoping for a nice stretch of unseasonably warm weather to get just one or two more hunts in before I call it quits

Geez Dave, I am getting VERY jealous of your exploits! :laughing:

It is not even cold yet here and I still really haven't been out this month...congrats on the fertile ground around you. Great job on the 1/4 :D

Thank you Paul, getting cold here, did a hunt today with some good finds will post story right away! Will give you a call when I get over to Auburn WA.

Very nice....

I'm afraid my season is done...snow on the ground, and been cold the past few days so the ground will be frozen....I keep hoping for a nice stretch of unseasonably warm weather to get just one or two more hunts in before I call it quits

Thank you Pat! Still not frozen here and probably we have another week or so of detecting. Low 40's during the day and about freezing at nite, so still good to go! Hope we can detect Missoula again!

LS Congrats on more shiny, the ring is pretty sweet. Glad to see you're still able to get out. HH Mark

Thanks Mark, yep, glad to be cheating the cold and getting some more digs in!

Very nice silvers. I enjoy the silver rings. Haven’t found any lately. Keep it up.
Cheers
Doc

Thanks DigginDoc!

Nice silvers, and that ring is sweet!

Thank you Mr. Mike!

Not too shabby! That ring is cool.

Thank you Waveoff, I do like that ring!

Back
Top Bottom