Rough US Plate and nice Silver

Fredneck

Bout lost my britches when the Dime popped out in the field, my eyes were tricking me into thinking this was another early Dime like the one I found as my avatar, same site. I was not let down much once I got it cleaned, my first Seated Dime to go along with the Halfs and Quarters. Now for the big boys.

US Plate is surely one of the roughest I've recovered, but I'll take it. Fields were plowed back in the day and got to it before I did.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• 3-2020a - Copy.jpg
    3-2020a - Copy.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 496
  • 3-2020b.jpg
    3-2020b.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 455
  • 3-2020c - Copy.jpg
    3-2020c - Copy.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 472
  • 3-2020d - Copy.jpg
    3-2020d - Copy.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 475
  • 3-2020e - Copy.jpg
    3-2020e - Copy.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 470
I don’t care how rough it is that is a beauty I’m my books. I would be super excited to find that.

I don’t care how rough it is that is a beauty I’m my books. I would be super excited to find that.

Thanks 7, I decided to do some repair. Originally the plate was bent over in the field, so I opened it up as much as I could while it was still wet from the soil, something I've played with over the years on relics that aren't too valuable. Found the top of the "S" about 4 feet away, so just wanted to make the plate worthy of display.

Attachments

• plate repair (2).jpg
    plate repair (2).jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 308
Thanks 7, I decided to do some repair. Originally the plate was bent over in the field, so I opened it up as much as I could while it was still wet from the soil, something I've played with over the years on relics that aren't too valuable. Found the top of the "S" about 4 feet away, so just wanted to make the plate worthy of display.

Nice job. I like it just as much as one in better shape. Why? Because there is no question it is a legit artifact.

Back
Top Bottom