The New Garrett Detector

diggin4clad

Elite Member
I just saw a video from Garrett that says their new lightweight "APEX" detector will be revealed on May 15th. Go to stoutstandards.wordpress.com
Then click on the blog title that says "Another must have" and then scroll to the bottom of the comments section.

I love my Ace 400, it did very well for me. Then I moved to the equinox. Cannot wait to see what Garrett has.

Attachments

• IMG_20200215_094953.jpg
    IMG_20200215_094953.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 500
I'm guessing they mean rechargeable? I think it's going to be similar to the simplex. They don't need anymore mid range detectors, they need a new flagship! Apparently garrett technology has reached its "APEX" :no::roll:

Since the teaser is with a guy using an Ace 250 does that mean the Apex is the replacement for the Ace series? To compete with the Vanquish and Simplex??

Since the teaser is with a guy using an Ace 250 does that mean the Apex is the replacement for the Ace series? To compete with the Vanquish and Simplex??
Unfortunately, that's what I took away from it too.

Why would you show the Ace series if your new machine was replacing the AT series?

Maybe it is replacing the Ace series but is more in-between Ace and AT? Pure guess only.

But I guess we will know more in a month-ish.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Starting to think the Manufacturers, have found the secret to marketing.

30-90 days of build up, anxiousness on the buyers part, hype in some cases. I think we are going to see this moving forward. I guess if it keeps them in business, that's a win win for us in the end.

Nice to see an American company stepping into the competitive arena, I wish them the best.

Just a teaser vid, wonder what it looks like?? Very curious..

The Equinox detectors copied the Quest design. Simplex looks like an Equinox. The Fisher AQ has the same design without a screen. Gotta think the Garrett design will be in the same vein.

I’m hoping for something truly exciting from Garrett. Unfortunately, my guess based on the teaser trailer is that it’s more likely to be a simple repackaging/update of the Ace line. There isn’t much to go on in the teaser, but the very end only emphasizes “New Features...New Look....Apex”. Nothing really mentioned throughout the teaser about an actual technological or performance game changer. Maybe I’m getting too ticky-tack with semantics, but “new features” doesn’t mean the same thing to me as “new technology”. I’m worried that the “light weight” and “no batteries” specifically mentioned in the trailer will be the extent of the “new” features - if something truly competitive or different was in the works from a technology or performance standpoint, I would think they would tease it. I truly hope I’m wrong.

If it is basically just an “updated” Ace series, I’ll pass. I really enjoyed my Ace 400 while I had it, but at the same time, I don’t have any real interest to go back to one even as a back up. Too many other truly innovative, low priced, technology rich, higher performance options like Simplex and Vanquish to consider first.

Unfortunately, that's what I took away from it too.

Why would you show the Ace series if your new machine was replacing the AT series?

Maybe it is replacing the Ace series but is more in-between Ace and AT? Pure guess only.

But I guess we will know more in a month-ish.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That's not what I took from it at all. The ACE detectors are the only detectors that are yellow. Most anyone who looks and sees a yellow detector knows it's a Garrett. I think it's Garrett's way of letting people know who aren't as hardcore that they have a new detector coming. Half my club still uses the ACE line of detectors.

If I had to guess as the general detecting population goes, (not the hardcore hunters) the ACE line is probably the best selling detector of all time. They're recognizable. Maybe, just maybe they didn't use an AT is because they will slowly phase out the ACE line and the AT will be their beginner/mid line detector. Think of it as Nokta dropping the Racer.

I'm interested in hearing about it.

No regrets whatsoever about purchasing Garret detectors.

Who knows?

Maybe they will unveil some new tech.

the AT will be their beginner/mid line detector

The AT Pro is not and never will be a "beginner" machine. Just because you spend a grand or two on a machine doesn't mean it's better than an AT Pro. Most of the best detectorists on YouTube use an AT Pro or an AT Gold.

They'll always be people who buy the detector of the month and swear it's way better than the AT Pro. They have to state that or else they'd feel stupid paying a grand for a detector that isn't any better than the $500 AT Pro. Spend more time detecting and less time flushing cash on yet another machine and you'll do much better in the long run.

The AT Pro is not and never will be a "beginner" machine. Just because you spend a grand or two on a machine doesn't mean it's better than an AT Pro. Most of the best detectorists on YouTube use an AT Pro or an AT Gold.

They'll always be people who buy the detector of the month and swear it's way better than the AT Pro. They have to state that or else they'd feel stupid paying a grand for a detector that isn't any better than the $500 AT Pro. Spend more time detecting and less time flushing cash on yet another machine and you'll do much better in the long run.

The AT pro is the easiest detector I've ever had to learn excluding the 350. The Pro is an exceptional detector. On the flip side, what if the Apex can do more and cost less ?

Back
Top Bottom