My first Walking Liberty half!

CeeDee

Pic
2b2add9ec7c0dcf994714b0132524b02.jpg

A little scraped up
e189a2f5949a029b13615f59510c1099.jpg

I found this where the roadworks had scraped off the first layer of sod, so it's a bit beat up, but it was thrilling to behold!

Last edited:
One of my favorite coin. I wear one on a necklace that i found detecting. Congratulations on a nice find.

Great find! I'll never forget my first. I had it made into a ring and wear it daily.

Attachments

• 20190316_123231_copy_600x1234.jpg
    20190316_123231_copy_600x1234.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 225
Thanks for the encouragement [emoji4] Seeing that felt like a dream. In a way, I'm glad it's scraped up, so no matter what other ones I may find, this will be the one I'm less likely to sell in future.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Nice

Thanks for the encouragement [emoji4] Seeing that felt like a dream. In a way, I'm glad it's scraped up, so no matter what other ones I may find, this will be the one I'm less likely to sell in future.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Congrats on your first Walker. First of many I hope. I remember my first well as it is the only one I have ever found. Also the ring in your avatar is awesome. I would take that find over a silver coin dig all day long. Good luck, Mark

Thanks! Yes, this ring on the avatar was found smack in the middle of a newly made skateboard course. The sculpting soil must have been trucked in, because I found several wheat pennies and a lead(!!) cannon toy there, too.

Walkers and SLQ are the most beautiful coins struck. IMHO
Makes for a very special day. very good!

Back
Top Bottom