• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Baby Thunderbird Ring

Foragist

Forum Supporter
I hunted my awesome permission yard again today. No more silver coins, but I got a few more wheats, 2 very old Chinese cash coins, a beautiful 1939 2 Francs coin from France, 4 keys and all sorts of other odds and ends, a bunch more modern coins(mostly pennies), and this sweet little baby Thunderbird ring! It's stamped "STERLING", and it's tiny. Barely fits on the tip of my skinny pinky finger.

Attachments

• DSCN3554.jpg
    DSCN3554.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 533
  • DSCN3545.jpg
    DSCN3545.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 552
  • DSCN3547.jpg
    DSCN3547.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 546
  • DSCN3556.jpg
    DSCN3556.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 527
  • DSCN3557.jpg
    DSCN3557.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 549
The 4th key is an old Presto key. The other one is gold plated.
Also dug an unusual Rem UMC 12 ga ARROW long neck headstamp.
Another weird object is this heavy thing made of lead, with an iron core.

Attachments

• DSCN3558.jpg
    DSCN3558.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 534
  • DSCN3551.jpg
    DSCN3551.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 532
  • DSCN3563.jpg
    DSCN3563.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 555
  • DSCN3560.jpg
    DSCN3560.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 548
That's some neat finds and cool little ring. A little of everything. Someone was having problems keeping up with their keys.

Ken

Wow that yard has been good to you. Every once in awhile you get a permission like that gives up a great mix of coins, relics and goodies. I've had several over the years and they all seem to be level corner lots. Congrats on the sterling ring, very pretty and the Franc is a cool find. All in all I'd say great hunt. Maybe wait for the earth to have a freeze/thaw cycle then go back and see what else is hiding there. Good luck, Mark

Those are some cool finds. Odd, but cool. Fancy baby ring. Weird coins and weird keys too.

That's some neat finds and cool little ring. A little of everything. Someone was having problems keeping up with their keys.

Ken

Wow that yard has been good to you. Every once in awhile you get a permission like that gives up a great mix of coins, relics and goodies. I've had several over the years and they all seem to be level corner lots. Congrats on the sterling ring, very pretty and the Franc is a cool find. All in all I'd say great hunt. Maybe wait for the earth to have a freeze/thaw cycle then go back and see what else is hiding there. Good luck, Mark

I like the french coin and the plated key.đź‘Ť

Thanks all of you. I have really been happy with this permission. Many good finds; some really good! I spoke with the owner yesterday, and returned the gold wire ring I found shallow last week. She recognized it as her daughter's ring, and was very happy to see it, but this reunion wasn't the one she is hoping for. She described a rather expensive white gold pendant with diamonds that came off her chain necklace on a day that she was shoveling snow. Now that I know it was on a snow-shoveling day that she lost it, I can concentrate my efforts in those more likely areas. The driveway area has an extra high number of junk targets around it, so I will cover it again, more carefully. I sure hope I can find that pendant for her!
Here is the little 10K ring I returned...

Attachments

• DSCN3505.jpg
    DSCN3505.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 461
Awesome finds ! Good luck wishes to you toward finding that pendant .
Thanks. I'm losing hope. I just spent about 3 hrs working the shoveled snow zones again, with the small coil. Lots of trash and a few more coins, but no pendant. I can expect it to be near the surface, and it's not really tiny, so it should not be difficult to detect at all. Might not be out there either.

Cool ring..
Thanks. I like the little bird!

As I was hunting several feet from the driveway, I did dig a penny sized coin that had a visible 1881 on it in an unusual location, so I figured it was another foreign coin. Turned out to be an Austrian 1 Kreuzer coin. Beautiful coin, but the details are hard to make out on the obverse. (obverse pic is upside down)

Attachments

• DSCN3576.jpg
    DSCN3576.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 397
  • DSCN3572.jpg
    DSCN3572.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 398
  • DSCN3577.jpg
    DSCN3577.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 420
I'm really jealous of that Austro-Hungarian coin. I'm really hoping to find one someday :D

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

The 4th key is an old Presto key. The other one is gold plated.
Also dug an unusual Rem UMC 12 ga ARROW long neck headstamp.
Another weird object is this heavy thing made of lead, with an iron core.

Another weird object is this heavy thing made of lead
That thing makes me think of an old door stop that you screw into the wall behind a door. They still kind of look like that now without the lead and a robber tip.

Wow that is one awesome ring!

I like the cash coins, headstamp and foreign coin too!

Really great finds! :wow:

That’s a pretty ring, congrats!

I'm really jealous of that Austro-Hungarian coin. I'm really hoping to find one someday :D

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Super international hunt there, neat variety!

Mighty nice finds there! congrats

Congrats on the nice finds. Gold plated key.. thats crazy....

Another weird object is this heavy thing made of lead
That thing makes me think of an old door stop that you screw into the wall behind a door. They still kind of look like that now without the lead and a robber tip.
Thanks everyone! Haven't been able to try any more there, but I'm thinking of trying it again next spring, to see what else is lurking amongst all the iron.

Back
Top Bottom