New Permission Out of the Blue - Sorta!

MikeyT2

Booked an AIRBNB about a month ago for mid-November. Old 1700's house on more that 4 clear acres in a historic town. In my introduction blurb, mentioned that I would love to receive permission to detect the property. No response to this request, except that they look forward to our coming. Last week, the owner contacted me out of the blue and advised that I have permission to metal detect the entire property, and added the location of where some old buildings stood, where an old road cut through the property (all which I already knew from research) and warned of poison sumac in a couple of spots (which I didn't even think of). Stated it has never been detected. Just asked that I let her know if anything interesting was found.

Should be fun. Even wife is excited. More to come.

Booked an AIRBNB about a month ago for mid-November. Old 1700's house on more that 4 clear acres in a historic town. In my introduction blurb, mentioned that I would love to receive permission to detect the property. No response to this request, except that they look forward to our coming. Last week, the owner contacted me out of the blue and advised that I have permission to metal detect the entire property, and added the location of where some old buildings stood, where an old road cut through the property (all which I already knew from research) and warned of poison sumac in a couple of spots (which I didn't even think of). Stated it has never been detected. Just asked that I let her know if anything interesting was found.

Should be fun. Even wife is excited. More to come.

Good luck. Show us pix ! (But don't post any LC's please).

I once stayed in a B&B , of an 1860s large victorian mansion here in CA. At the morning breakfast, I asked the proprietor for permission to detect the lawn, and got the approval. I got a mid 1800's foreign coin, and gave it to the B&B person.

Doing research later on, I determined that this country-of-origin was one of the countries where lots of emigrants had arrived from, for the gold rush. And the B&B location was a recipient of a lot of gold rush arrival spots. So the coin made perfect sense to be there.

The B&B owner, in turn, gave the coin to the small town's museum (since the house was one of the town's crown jewels). And to my knowledge, it is still there on display.

Hopefully you'll get something cool !

Back
Top Bottom