Need some help please.

hoser

Forum Supporter
First, I am a member of our local historical society. I do a lot of the maintenance work as far as building and repairs. Recently we started a project to convert a room into organized storage. The museum was the first train station in Grayling so it is quite old. I had to remove an old shower base so we could fabricate shelving. There was a 12" square hole in the floor under the shower and just for kicks I grabbed a flashlight and looked under the floor only to see the bottom of two old bottles. One was an old Heinze 57 ketchup bottle with a cork top. and an old Hiram Walker cork top whiskey bottle. I would really love to find out how old this is. Other than some discoloration, the lable is in excellent condition. Hope ya'll can help us out. BTW, I contacted Hiram Walker but no return.

Attachments

• colage.jpg
    colage.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 441
  • 20200813_120156 (2).jpg
    20200813_120156 (2).jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 433
Hey Seabee Brother Bill! Good to see a post from you again!!

Very interesting find on the bottles. Gotta ask, was the whiskey bottle empty?!? :roll::cool3:

Hey Seabee Brother Bill! Good to see a post from you again!!

Very interesting find on the bottles. Gotta ask, was the whiskey bottle empty?!? :roll::cool3:
Hiya brother Bee. Unfortunately it was empty. That's a cruel joke to play on an old Bee like me.:p:lol:

I'm not a stamp collector, but I think many of those tax stamps have series dates. Or the style of the stamp may help date it, or markings on the bottle bottom possibly and how crude the glass is. My guess would be c1910-prohibition, or just after 1933. The problem with this type of bottle is they looked the same for years and years.

Back
Top Bottom