Stupid question

cointroll

When you are counting your FTY silvers is it only coins or do pieces of silver jewelry get counted as part of that total?

Stupid answer!
Yes and no. Some do, some dont.
I am on the dont boat. I only include coinage.
If I need one more for the century mark include all sterling!!! lol
Coinage only here bud.
Jer

I count my jewelry separated from my coins,
yet in other sites some people play that game of
"face value of silver coinage"
sort of interesting...?
say you found,
11 silver dimes, & 2 silver quarters you have $1.60 of silver coins ;)

I count my jewelry separated from my coins,
yet in other sites some people play that game of
"face value of silver coinage"
sort of interesting...?
say you found,
11 silver dimes, & 2 silver quarters you have $1.60 of silver coins ;)

I do this too. Separate count for coins and other silver stuff. I also add up the silver coin face value each time I get to another 100 silver coins found. I'm coming up on 300 real soon.

When you are counting your FTY silvers is it only coins or do pieces of silver jewelry get counted as part of that total?

I count them both. But I'm not hunting silver coins. I've found 62 silvers as of my last hunt... 60 of which are jewelry, 2 of which were coins (nickel and quarter)

Same with my gold. I don't count "only rings" If it's gold, it's gold...

Interestingly, Sterling jewelry is more "silver" than coin silver is. :) (92.5% vs 90%). It's definitely silver! I find many pieces every year that are a half-ounce or more (usually bracelets and necklaces). It's rare that any silver I find weighs less than a dime would (2.5 grams). It does happen though. My current "smallest" silver ring is just a 1.5 gram thing. Most of my rings are between 6 and 12 grams, which puts them squarely in the quarter to half-dollar range of silver content. If that doesn't "count," I don't know why not!

Skippy

I say if you hunt for silver coins on purpose, then "FTY" counts should be silver coins only. Any other forms of silver found should not be included in FTY.
No real rule...just preference.

Back
Top Bottom