12 Wheats.. Then Finally a Silver. Nice One Too!

Hey, if you're only digging one silver on a hunt, that's the kind to find! I have dug a couple barber dimes that were in the low 20s on the nox, and I recall a deep rosy that had a wheat penny with it, gave an 18-20 type signal. Usually not the coin as much as situational variables. Great dig!

Congrats on the seated, been 4 years since I found my last one. Deep coins will often read off.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Haven't been out much lately. Work responsibilities and cold weather have gotten in the way. I was able to spend all Sunday afternoon at an old public park. The ground was damp and easy to dig. I was finding wheat cent after wheat cent. I like wheats, but really wanted a silver coin or an Indian. As I was wrapping up, I dug a faint, bouncy, Indian like signal, that I was hoping was an Indian and.... out flips this! 1872 S Seated Dime. I haven't had a silver coin ring in so low. It was DEEP though. I was beyond happy! Not lots of Seated coins in Utah (At least I haven't found many). Found a few keys and a silver chain to round out the hunt.

Thanks for looking!

Killer find stiffwrists!

That's fantastic!

We need to get with Scuba Detector and found out what "hill" he'd been detecting on the other side of the Wasatch, and go dig up some rings together. :) Maybe make a trip down early next summer! LOL

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom