Had a story to share

ibenick

Probably one of the best feel-good moments yet. Backstory, my house was built in 1920. I've scoured the grounds and found all kinds of stuff, literally all kinds. I then found a coin, but not just any coin. It was a love token. I was ecstatic. My first one and something that held meaning. By chance, my wife found someone on Facebook talking about how he grew up in our house. His initials matched a set on the coin. I thought, why not, I'll see if it was his. He got in touch with me after a couple weeks as he didn't see the message. He's surprised and begins to tell me about it. Apparently, he made it in kindergarten and the other initials were his first girlfriend. We trade stories about the house and he sends me pictures from his childhood with the house. I show him what's changed and how my wife and I are updating it, but keeping it's older charm. I then offer to send it back to him and he said he would like to hold it after all these years (he's in his 70's). Just gave me a good feeling.

Attachments

• Coin1.jpg
    Coin1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 169
  • Coin2.jpg
    Coin2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 185
Great part of his life

Glad you were able to reunite him with the token.
It brings back memories for him .

Wow, that story really brings a smile. Good on you for going the extra mile to reunite him with his childhood memories.

Back
Top Bottom