Chat Room Use

Yes, do you type into space bar at the bottom and submit? How do people know to go there? Never used one before.....Thanks Curt

you need to wait for other users. The chat room is normally pretty dead. But if you wait long enough....

It's interesting how over the years, members begged us and begged us to install a chat room. It was popular for a couple months, and then everyone lost interest. Maybe it's just "timing" though.

We thought about getting rid of it, but some think it's nice to have, just in case you want to use it.

There's several threads in this forum of how the chat room came about.

Here's the one that started it all.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=2912

It *is* a bit hard to notice if there are people in the chat room. The button is kinda small and the number indicating how many people are in will disappear in a few...
Perhaps Vlad could make it so that the chat button changes colour when people are in chat?

Another problem is that people are impatient. Often when I'm in there I also do some mod things or just read posts etc. So I do not stare at the screen all the time. So when I check after 5 minutes or so it is not unusual to see that person popped in, said 'hi' and when he didn't get an answer within 10 seconds he left.

Voriax

What would be nice, would be a way to invite someone to chat. There are times I would like to chat with someone, but there is now way to let them know. :darnconfused:

Did that whole Thursday night chat thing ever work? I do use it quite a bit, but many are just too impatient to wait more than 30 seconds.

I usually find a little chat box on the side of the screen gets more action.

Back
Top Bottom