Best silver spill ever! More public park silver!

detectorben

Elite Member
So I set out to test an Amazon detector the Dr Otek MT-XR. I brought my trusty equinox along of course. I managed to find the Sterling silver ring with the Mt XR in a newer park about 2-3 inches down. I moved to the oldest park in town established in 1891 and I was not finding deep targets with the Dr Otek so I used the equinox and gridded an area and marked 3 deep targets to test the MT XR on. Man did I find a good deep target! A 3 silver dime spill with 2 barbers and a very worn seated! This is the best silver spill I have ever found. Finding it in a public park made it that much sweeter! Puts me at 26 silver coins FTY. I also found a nice green Indian Head. Check out the video if you want to see the live digs or how the Amazon detector did. Thanks for looking!

Video link to see test and live digs:
https://youtu.be/LENatDQUW0g

ecbb9e991a178d26f8edb050d199e616.jpg
ac3d9f8660fad891643058f23aaa67c5.jpg
03c34ef16fdd39398682054925d815b2.jpg
a0afe944a52e1613716a599d546a7802.jpg
1e434feae34632f0962c9896cde01d1b.jpg
becd9d0df5030ab5b32c01a3bbfc913b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That’s awesome! Nice spill! That seated is WIPED but there is a method to restore it however. Use silver testing acid and put a few drops on the coin, let it set for about 15-20 seconds and then run it under water and the date should be revealed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s awesome! Nice spill! That seated is WIPED but there is a method to restore it however. Use silver testing acid and put a few drops on the coin, let it set for about 15-20 seconds and then run it under water and the date should be revealed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot! I have been trying to find a way to date it. I feel like it will be my oldest silver if it was in with freshly dropped barbers and it is that worn. I assume it was in circulation for a very long time. I will try that method and report back if I can get a date!

Beautiful pix ! And I love the green IH. When looking at your pix, I can almost smell the sweet earth !

So I set out to test an Amazon detector the Dr Otek MT-XR. I brought my trusty equinox along of course. I managed to find the Sterling silver ring with the Mt XR...

Awesome coin spill, and nice video. The comparison video was interesting.

I don't think the Nox tones would have sound quite so broken if you didn't that that notched out coin pattern. Jumpy, for sure, but not so broken.

Awesome coin spill, and nice video. The comparison video was interesting.

I don't think the Nox tones would have sound quite so broken if you didn't that that notched out coin pattern. Jumpy, for sure, but not so broken.
Thank you.

That is a good point. I have it dialed in pretty exactly for the coins and soil I'm dealing with.

Beautiful pix ! And I love the green IH. When looking at your pix, I can almost smell the sweet earth !
Haha thanks Tom!!
Great post , finds and pictures Ben !
Thanks!!
Awesome spill Ben! Nice job
Thanks Tom!!
:wow: that’s a killer spill and move ring! Congrats!
Thanks!!
Dude awesome [emoji106]!!
Thanks!! [emoji106][emoji106]
Great spill right there!
Thanks!!
You found yourself an old silver mine...congrats!
Haha yep! Thanks!

A great Silver coin spill for sure Ben. That Seated really had seen better days. Good video as always but I don't think your new machine performed well enough to consider replacing ether my "Nox" or the CTX.:D Congrats on the spill and a nice looking Indian a the nice looking Ring. Trapper

Amazing spill, that 06 still has some nice details!
Thanks! Yes it's a nice coin dropped early in circulation I think.
Hey! nice finds. I like the way you made your video also. You got it going on!
Haha thanks!!
Congratulations on the excellent silver finds. Good luck!
Thanks! GL and HH!
Nice silver spill! Love the green IHP. Happy Hunting
Thanks!! HH!!
A great Silver coin spill for sure Ben. That Seated really had seen better days. Good video as always but I don't think your new machine performed well enough to consider replacing ether my "Nox" or the CTX.:D Congrats on the spill and a nice looking Indian a the nice looking Ring. Trapper
Haha yep I think I will stick with the Nox ad well. I have a Garrett Apex on order too and plan to do a head to head with the Nox. Thanks Trapper! HH and GL!

Back
Top Bottom