What's the best carbon fiber shaft for the Equinox?

spenglure

Elite Member
Having some forearm and wrist fatigue when I swing it fast and cover ground. I heard carbon fiber shafts reduce weight and help with balance. Any suggestions from the experts?

Counterweighted rod from steves detector rods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having some forearm and wrist fatigue when I swing it fast and cover ground. I heard carbon fiber shafts reduce weight and help with balance. Any suggestions from the experts?

I believe Carbon fibre shafts do offer certain benefits, but from what I have seen, the weight savings are pretty insignificant...

If I had forearm and wrist issues, I'd be seriously looking at a harness of some sort as the most effective way of reducing felt weight and fatigue....

Steve's CF with the weight is good. Get the largest length to add more /different weights. Ideally you want it like a pendulum. The cf's for all practical purposes aren't really noticable when it comes to weight difference from factory shafts. What is noticable is how solid they are. I don't get flex or wobble when swinging. It's makes a huge difference when on long hunts. That also has to do with the clamps. GL

Steve's CF with the weight is good. Get the largest length to add more /different weights. Ideally you want it like a pendulum. The cf's for all practical purposes aren't really noticable when it comes to weight difference from factory shafts. What is noticable is how solid they are. I don't get flex or wobble when swinging. It's makes a huge difference when on long hunts. That also has to do with the clamps. GL

Interesting! I wonder if the delay (wobble) has a little bit to do with the fatigue I'm having as well.

I believe Carbon fibre shafts do offer certain benefits, but from what I have seen, the weight savings are pretty insignificant...

If I had forearm and wrist issues, I'd be seriously looking at a harness of some sort as the most effective way of reducing felt weight and fatigue....

Yeah thought about that as well.

Y can’t have mine from Steve’s.
Seriously it has helped me a lot in increasing my detect time and I’m pushing 72. (Ouch)
Before 5 hrs was about it and now it’s 8 hrs
Doug

Opting for a military harness as a low budget option but can't say how good it is yet. With the ready made MD harnesses some have bungees and quick cinch adapters so it all depends.

Y can’t have mine from Steve’s.
Seriously it has helped me a lot in increasing my detect time and I’m pushing 72. (Ouch)
Before 5 hrs was about it and now it’s 8 hrs
Doug

Doug this is very helpful, thanks!!

The majority gqve you the answer. Steve's weighted shaft.

Thanks to all of you, who kindly recommended my shaft! Very much appreciated!

spenglure --

Your forearm and wrist fatigue is PRECISELY what the Equinox's nose-heavy nature causes, and is PRECISELY what I designed the counterweighting system to correct. I can assure you that counterweighting will make an immense difference for you, but I see that you have already opted for a harness. I expect that the harness will help, though the downside is that you are "tethered" to your machine. If the harness works well for you, then you probably will be able to improve the comfort level of the unit when swinging. If it doesn't work out for you, I am certain that one of my shafts with counterweight would do so. Feel free to contact me in the future, if it becomes necessary!

Thank you!

Steve

Back
Top Bottom