LIFETIME Bucket Lister - 1789 GW Inaugural Button!

METALMANIAC-NY

Elite Member
Amazing fortune the other day.....Im still in shock...1789 GEORGE WASHINGTON INAUGURAL BUTTON!!! Near the top of my BL. Hard to find new spots to detect these days.....so I hit an old orchard where I have previously found only junk and soil looks like it was filled in. I spied a half acre area that looked promising and found all coins and relics in a 150x150 area! Found the GW button first but didn't know what it was until I got home and started to clean it...I thought it was just a Dandy button. Also found colonial buckles and 2 coppers....1795 Liberty Cap large cent and a 1800 Draped bust...crusty but I got dates! The HOLY GRAIL of buttons is in awesome shape with more careful cleaning and preservation ahead. After seeing a few of these found over the years.....Ive been dreaming of finding one....Im completely blown away! HH

Attachments

• GW Dirty IMG_2503.jpg
    GW Dirty IMG_2503.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,175
  • GW SUN  IMG_2510.jpg
    GW SUN IMG_2510.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,144
  • IMG_2514.jpg
    IMG_2514.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,125
  • IMG_2512.jpg
    IMG_2512.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,111
  • IMG_2524.jpg
    IMG_2524.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,116
Whooooooaaaaaaa :shock:

Super congrats on the button and coppers! I think I’ve found that same 1967 quarter dollar before :laughing: closest I’ll ever come!

All of those items are on my bucket list. Definitely a day to be proud of.

I found the exact variety of your button last October. The difference is yours is twice as nice as mine. Enjoy the moment, its a great find and welcome to the GW club

Whoa! Talk about a historical recovery! The George Washington inaugural button is just incredible. However, despite that the button really steals the show, both the 1795 & the 1800 large cents are excellent finds on their own!

This is an absolutely sickening post. I hate you I hate you I hate you.

Oh, and BTW: I was the one who lost that button (happened to be roaming about in that field with my button collection a few weeks ago, and must have dropped that) : Please kindly mail it back to me. Thankyou.

This is an absolutely sickening post. I hate you I hate you I hate you.

Oh, and BTW: I was the one who lost that button (happened to be roaming about in that field with my button collection a few weeks ago, and must have dropped that) : Please kindly mail it back to me. Thankyou.

Thanks Tom!! Love your reactions!! :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom